Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver corporate headquarters, we are seeking a Biological Processing Specialist (Wastewater Operations) within our Environmental Operations team to help us achieve the technical growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask Of You To:
- Identify and solve problems related to environmental operations, practices and policies concerning water and wastewater.
- Educate, audit, train, and coach others on environmental practices and policies.
- Review capital expenditure proposals and support long range capital planning for facilities while keeping abreast of technology improvements for wastewater treatment.
- Help LFC maintain budgeted pretreatment costs by identification of cost savings opportunities and proper management of existing assets through best practice sharing and optimization.
- Manage small scale cross-functional capital projects and oversees engineers that include ensuring environmental processes are followed and full compliance achieved with all regulatory requirements.
- Oversee vendors/contractors/consultants for compliance, maintenance, and repair activities at facilities.
- Develop and implement operations and lab procedures/methods to improve efficiencies and quality.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant, and robust fitness center.
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders, and home to eight professional sports teams including our very own Super Bowl champs the Denver Broncos!
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or Environmental Science.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in Wastewater Treatment Operations.
- Extensive microbiology experience especially bacteriology and industrial microbiology.
- Knowledgeable in analytical laboratory testing, procedures and reporting.
- The ability to travel 50%.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Master’s degree and 10+ years of experience in of relevant experience in wastewater treatment operations.
- Dairy foods manufacturing highly preferred.
- Professional certification/license where applicable in both water and wastewater treatment from one or more of the following states: CA, CO, MI, NM, NY or PA.