Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
We are seeking a Technical Director for our Lemoore, CA “West” manufacturing facility, who will help us continue our success in the global cheese and nutrition markets in the company’s largest plant.
We Ask Of You To:
- Report directly to the Vice President/General Manager (Plant Manager) while leading the entire technical organization for the facility which includes Engineering, Maintenance, Reliability, Controls, Power (Utilities), and Waste Water to ensure that plant performance meets and/or exceeds company-wide expectations.
- Successfully manage and provide development to already seasoned personnel including the Plant Engineering Manager, Maintenance Managers, Waste Water Manager, and the Power Group.
- Work very closely with other senior-level technical resources at our other plants including personnel from our Corporate Technical Services team.
- Create and attain the yearly M&R budgets, yearly energy budgets (including improvement of energy efficiency year over year), and meet and improve the plant’s OEE and capacity targets.
- Be responsible for the reliability and maintenance of the plant’s equipment as well as the creation and execution of a capital plan to meet all business needs.
- Take part-ownership and responsibility in meeting all of the plant’s safety, quality, production, and financial goals.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Daily volume of almost 12 million pounds of dairy product!
- 1,000 person/760,000 square foot manufacturing plant (largest Mozzarella plant on Earth!)
- A team of over 125 (30 exempt and 90+ non-exempt) engineering, maintenance, and other technical personnel.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility, long-term incentive plans, and relocation!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in Lemoore, California: 30 minutes south of Fresno, an hour from the popular China Peak Ski Resort as well as Sequoia National Park, a two-hour drive to Yosemite National Park and less than 2 hours from the ocean.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Ten (10) years of a technical background in the food, beverage, or consumer products industry.
- Experience with ammonia systems, sanitary design, waste treatment, and process controls.
- Capital plan management and ownership of all project ROIC in regards to engineering.
- MUST have leadership experience of large technical teams of at least 80 direct and indirect reports.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Fifteen (15) experience as a Technical Manager/Director or a senior-level Engineering Manager at a large manufacturing facility.