Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking an Project Engineer – Cheese Production & Processing on our Cheese Technical Services team to help us take our already ever-growing cheese business to even larger levels around the globe!
We Ask Of You To:
- Participate in and execute the Innovation strategic plan in alignment with the company’s strategy and goals.
- Manage capital projects and oversees project engineers through formal and informal coaching, teaching and mentoring.
- Develop and implement procedures and methodology to improve efficiencies and quality.
- Provide technical support and expertise to many areas of the business, possesses expertise in new plant and equipment design.
- Stay abreast of key development efforts in academia, regulatory, and industry, focusing on innovative technology and issues that may impact production processes and product functionality.
- Improve quality, productivity, and speed of commercialization success, ensuring project schedules and timeliness of project work.
- Develop training content and works with the Learning and Development team to implement that training to all manufacturing facilities.
We Offer You:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant, constant pizza tastings, and a robust gym!
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine (average winter temperature is 47 degrees), the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders, and home to eight professional sports teams including our very own former Super Bowl champs the Denver Broncos!
We Hope You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- (2) two years of experience in food processing.
- Foundational knowledge of pasteurization, fermentation, mixing/extrusion, powder handling, refrigeration, brining, IQF, packaging formats, packaging equipment, shredding and dicing.
- Ability to travel up to 70%.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience in dairy food processing, pasta filata cheese making.
- Experience with Mass balance process flows and calculations, heat exchange (conceptual, theoretical, & applicable), and food or dairy packaging experience
- Experience with piping layouts, tank/storage handling, and fluid diversion, mixing of fluid medias specific to cheese/dairy or CIP processes, as well as pumps, and valves
- Experienced with ammonia refrigeration with food/dairy products.
- Proficiency in CAD based editing of detailed fabrication, layout, and/or P&ID drawings.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean principals to help drive a continuous improvement culture.
- Knowledge in Cultures, Proteins, and Fat, Both Wet, Dry, and Packaging manufacturing environments.