Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking a Product Evaluation Technician II on our fantastic R&D division to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask Of You To:
- Receive and prepare samples for routine and project related evaluation and customer submission,
- Organize, execute, and document product evaluations.
- Executes daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities.
- Organize, clean, and maintain test kitchen, warehouse workspace, R&D coolers and freezers with a 5S mindset.
- Routinely access internal and external databases for basic product project needs; inventory, chemistry, microbiology, and product grading attributes.
- Provide support to plants during trials.
- Participate in customer dinners by setting up tables, preparing food, serving food, breaking down tables, and cleaning up
- Participate in trade shows at customer locations to provide product knowledge and training.
- Build knowledge and technical expertise in dairy based ingredients and applications; incorporates into a personal development plan.
We Offer You:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant (with a free chocolate milk dispenser!), constant pizza tastings, and a robust gym!
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine (average winter temperature is 47 degrees), the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders, and home to eight professional sports teams including our very own former Super Bowl champs the Denver Broncos!
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or related field; or equivalent experience
- One (1) year of experience in the food industry (food science and food safety).
- Knowledge and understanding of food preparation and ingredient applications.
- Working knowledge of dairy proteins, dairy carbohydrates, product development processes and continuous improvement processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook and Excel.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- SAP experience is preferred