The Controls Technician is responsible for assisting the Controls Supervisor in the selection, installation, programming, documentation, training and knowledge of all plant industrial controls. Responsibilities include: all computer integration of PLC's, HMI's and process controls within the facility; training of end users on the operations of newly installed or modified process or control systems; standardization of control systems and control logic designs, documentation of operational procedures and as-built drawings and logic, and maintaining 5S standards. The Controls Technician is the plant liaison for new system start-up and commissioning by all outside controls contractors and system integrators to insure proper transfer of documented PLC programs changes and adequate training on the installation/changes that are completed. Responsibilities also include: follow-up on control work that has been completed by Maintenance Technicians; assisting in troubleshooting of control instrumentation equipment problems, and completing repairs to equipment that is at fault and not part of the control system.
- Troubleshoot and repair control issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance to optimize equipment reliability.
- Follow-up on completed control work and assisting maintenance as needed.
- Train end-users and maintenance personnel on new controls designs.
- Assist in commissioning new controls.
- Update drawings as required, forwarding all equipment information to the planner/scheduler.
- Work in accordance with safe work practices at all times.
- Implement and maintain 5S standards.
Education and Experience:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar controls technician role.
- Associates or a 2 year degree in a maintenance related field or 2 years experience in industrial control system development and troubleshooting.
- Experience in schematic reading and PLC programming/troubleshooting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, off-shifts, weekends, holidays, and required overtime to support a 24 hour/7 day operation.
- Must be able to work 12.5 hour scheduled shifts.
- Ability to repeatedly lift throughout the entire shift meeting minimal lift requirements.
- Ability to access elevated work areas such as climbing ladders/stairs and work at extreme heights.
- Ability to understand and apply standard operating procedures.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment and comply with all applicable safety practices.
- Ability to maintain a clean work area according to good manufacturing processes.
- Ability to enter data into and pull data from computer systems, including proficient skills in email, internet, Microsoft Office and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Good communication skills to communicate with co-workers and oncoming/outgoing shifts.
- Ability to stand, kneel, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in hot, humid, and cold areas and tight spaces.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Working knowledge of various equipment and plant processes to understand, interpret and schedule work orders.
- Knowledge of utility equipment and operations (boiler and refrigeration equipment).
- Knowledge of government and industrial regulations (PSM, OSHA, and USDA).
- Skills to perform basic and intermediate mathematical calculations.
Education and Experience:
- Dairy/Food Manufacturing experience is preferred.
Leprino Foods Company supports a drug-free workplace and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran