Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Lemoore, CA “West” manufacturing facility, which also happens to be our largest plant with more than 1,000 employees, we are seeking a Project Engineer who will help us continue our successful trend in the dairy foods marketplace.
We Ask of You To:
- Coordinate assigned projects/priorities by ensuring the timely completion is within budget, ensures appropriate paybacks are forecasted and achieves expected outcomes.
- Schedule all project work including design, equipment selection, construction, and equipment installation.
- Prepare and implement Appropriation Request by coordinating with production management, as well as, other outside sources to obtain input and review.
- Prepare specifications, drawings, and layouts.
- Obtains quotes, develops costs analysis, budget and project schedule.
- Directly supervise contractors and coordinate with consulting services.
- Identifies, develops and recommends improvements to utility, process or energy systems to improve efficiency or reduce cost.
- Ensure that improvements, modifications and upgrades to processes and equipment are completed to facilitate production needs.
- Inspects and approves all work done to assure quality, man hour efficiency, compliance and contractor productivity.
- Provides formal and informal technical training and development to plant production.
- Provides technical and engineering expertise and guidance to production and maintenance to improve productivity and reduce cost.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in Lemoore, California: 30 minutes south of Fresno, an hour from the popular China Peak Ski Resort as well as Sequoia National Park, and a two-hour drive to Yosemite National Park.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Two (2) years of experience in equipment reliability and/or plant maintenance.
- Understanding of computerized inventory principles, production management, transportation, OSHA regulations, and customer service needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of governmental regulatory specifications (O.S.H.A., F.D.A., building codes, etc.)
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Familiar with industrial operations, preferably dairy or food manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree In mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial or manufacturing engineering.