Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking a Product Evaluation Technician 1on our fantastic R&D team to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask of You To:
- To focus 60% receiving and preparing samples for routine and project related evaluation and customer submission as well as organizing, executing, and document product evaluations.
- To focus 30% organizing, cleaning, and maintaining test kitchen, warehouse workspace, R&D coolers and freezers with a 5S mindset.
- To Focus 10% participating in trade shows at customer locations to provide product knowledge and training as well as customer dinners by setting up tables, preparing food, serving food, breaking down tables, and cleaning up.
We Offer You in Return:
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant (with a free chocolate milk dispenser!), constant pizza tastings, and a robust gym!
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine (average winter temperature is 47 degrees), the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders, and home to eight professional sports teams including our very own former Super Bowl champs the Denver Broncos!
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or related field; or equivalent experience
- Experience in the food industry (food science and food safety)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
We Hope You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- SAP experience is preferred