Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Allendale, MI manufacturing facility (non-union) we are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask Of You To:
- Partner with cross-functional teams within the Production and Quality Assurance groups within the plant.
- Ensure successful management, proper training, and professional development of all maintenance technicians.
- Provide guidance and direction to hourly maintenance employees on shift to maintain the plant facility, grounds, and equipment.
- Respond to maintenance emergency conditions with the proper mixture of skilled craftsmen in order to minimize downtime, planning major repairs and installations.
- Establish critical system priority lists, ensure all materials used for work orders are tracked, and handle multiple projects simultaneously to completion.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in the greater Grand Rapids, MI area: a city of 1.3 million people (metro area), ten minutes from the splendor of Lake Michigan with its enchanting lighthouses, boating scene, festivals, restaurants, shopping, and wineries, and home to Grand Valley State University; Michigan’s fastest growing university with over 24,000 students.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Associates/Technical Degree with three (3) years of leadership experience OR five (5) years of experience in an industrial setting three (3) of which are in a leadership role.
- Ability to work 10-12 hour shifts.
- Experience with a Work Order Execution system within SAP.
- Experience with PLCs and automated machinery control systems.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical engineering
- Maintenance supervision experience with a food or beverage manufacturer.