The Planner Scheduler reports to the Maintenance Department Manager or a Senior Maintenance Supervisor. This position will regularly interact with maintenance, production and support group supervisors and managers. Regular but less frequent interaction with other plant management.
Provides guidance and direction to a team of hourly employees in the parts room. Makes solid decisions pertaining to the planning and scheduling of scheduled and preventative maintenance and repair of equipment, department safety, and department efficiency for team. Monitors maintenance and repair to assure plant efficiencies, product quality, safety and cost control. Builds an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing direct reports.
• Plans and schedules preventative maintenance, repair of equipment, new equipment installation, maintenance work orders, and supervises the daily shift activities to ensure minimal production downtime related to work orders and planned maintenance.
• Ensures parts and equipment are available for maintenance and repair activities.
• Follows up to ensure maintenance plans and schedules are achieved as planned.
• Prioritizes maintenance and repair projects to minimize production downtime, while assuring safety and quality.
• Executes the governmental regulatory compliance including reporting requirements.
• Makes recommendations for maintenance and repair efficiencies, cost savings, and equipment uptime improvements.
• Executing to the maintenance financial performance goals to assure that production efficiencies and quality product is provided at the least possible cost.
• Obtains competitive quotes for maintenance and repair projects and coordinates equipment and parts warranty claims.
• Implements plant safety programs to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.
• Ensures work is accomplished in a safe manner and the workplace is free of safety hazards.
• Provides employees with the training, equipment, and tools to be able to safely perform their jobs.
• Leads and demonstrates safe practices.
• Participates in safety investigations and corrective actions.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• High School or GED or equivalent experience.
• At least 5 years of related industrial maintenance experience, manufacturing operation preferred.
• Additional education may substitute for experience, as applicable.
• At least 1 year of progressive leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities/Competencies
• Technical knowledge of industrial equipment maintenance and repair.
• Working knowledge of industrial equipment and parts, general construction, maintenance planning and scheduling.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Working knowledge of food safety and sanitation practices.
• Effective communication skills.
• Effective people management skills.