Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Lemoore, CA “West” manufacturing facility, which also happens to be our largest plant with more than 1,000 employees, we are seeking a Sr. Cheese Supervisor who will help us continue our successful trend in the global dairy foods markets.
We Ask Of You To:
- Provide leadership, direction, and professional development for up to five production supervisors.
- Supervise the daily shift operations of the Department to ensure production standards, quality parameters, safety procedures, and department business plan goals are met.
- Work effectively with the maintenance team to minimize production downtime and ensure preventative maintenance is performed on schedule.
- Responsible for monitoring the total production process including continual monitoring of the total product flow, equipment, process methodology, mechanical repair work orders, on-the-job training of employees, writing and developing standard operating procedures (SOP), product quality, product yields and safety excellence.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in Lemoore, California: 30 minutes south of Fresno, an hour from the popular China Peak Ski Resort as well as Sequoia National Park, and a two-hour drive to Yosemite National Park.
We Hope You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Bachelors degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Production Management or related field; or 8 to 10 years of cheese making experience
- Five years supervisory/leadership experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing plant.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience with HACCP, GMP, CIP/COP, PPE.
- Proven ability to work closely with others to achieve a common goal.
- Leadership and people management skills.