Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking a Vat Operator on our fantastic RDQ team to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask of You To:
- Operate High Temperature Short Time (HTST) vats, De-Matting Conveyor (DMC), preheat, wet mixer, dry mixer, single auger mixer (SAM), and extruder.
- Accurately follow make plans and record data.
- Collect samples and monitor cheese production.
- Add ingredients to vats and mixers with appropriate amounts.
- Adjust and troubleshoot equipment to maintain product specifications.
- Make starter (RC) and secondary starter (TMS).
- Maintain housekeeping standards in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Comply with all Standard Operating Procures (SOP) in the Pilot Plant.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
We Offer You in Return:
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant (with a free chocolate milk dispenser!), constant pizza tastings, and a robust gym!
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine (average winter temperature is 47 degrees), the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders, and home to eight professional sports teams including our very own former Super Bowl champs the Denver Broncos!
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least five (5) years of experience in a food production facility.
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing equipment (pumps, valves, piping, etc.).
- Mechanical aptitude to be able to perform equipment operation with limited supervision.
We Hope You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Dairy manufacturing experience preferred.