At Leprino Foods it is important to attract, develop and retain top talent. Our Maintenance Trainee Program seeks out new college graduates with degrees in Chemical Engineering, Biological Engineering or a closely related technical field. We partner with them to develop the skills needed to become an outstanding leader and team member of our organization.
During the 18-24 month intensive program, you'll learn the entire operations of a leading global cheese manufacturing company.
As a Maintenance Trainee, you will learn to provide guidance and direction to the employees on shift, ensure proper maintenance and operations which includes providing supervisor guidance for all shift employees, manpower scheduling, administration and answering of employee questions and concerns, preparation, inspection and repair of equipment, and training of employees.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be placed in a leadership role as a Maintenance Supervisor in one of our manufacturing plants across the country.
The work environment is best characterized by a 7-day per week operation with numerous product changes, varying milk quality, and high process technology. State-of-the-art equipment exists and is consistently being upgraded to advanced state-of-the-art. This is a fast-paced environment that requires constant change and adaptation.
If you are a new college graduate that is ready to hit the ground running and make an immediate impact, the Leprino Foods Maintenance Management Trainee program is the place for you!
18 MONTHS TRAINING PROGRAM
- 12-18 months in training on process
- 6 -12 months as supervisor in training
WE ASK OF YOU TO:
- You will be expected to become thoroughly familiar with the plant organization, operation, process flow, technology, reports, tools and controls to manage the business.
- Learn the monitoring of total product flow, shift summary for communication to maintenance and department managers as well as other shifts, supervision and training of hourly employees, shift scheduling, and analysis of maintenance operating conditions and improvements.
- A focus of the position is on reviewing plant and corporate maintenance philosophy and policies. The establishment of standard policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) aid in the guidance and direction of improved plant performance. Continuous Improvement in equipment operations comes through needs assessment in the plant, cheese and whey process impact on equipment life and performance, skills and equipment training, and use of predictive technologies.
- Learn the evaluation and review of parts management and technology through vendors, contractors and other sources aid in increasing plant reliability and cost reduction. Review and recommend improvement of power department and plant utilities utilization and efficiencies.
- Major challenges of this position are learning to; manage shifts and produce a consistent high quality cheese and whey in sufficient quantity to meet company inventory needs, manage employees in a development environment, being able to recognize opportunities to improve/correct equipment operations, cost and reliability
YOU HAVE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Open to relocation & geographically flexible for future assignments
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4 year college or university
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Must be able to work in the US without Visa sponsorship
- People management skills
- Ability to acquire knowledge of dairy equipment and technology
- Mechanical and electrical skills
- Business management skills
- Employee relations skills
WE HOPE YOU HAVE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS):
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Chemical Engineering
- Experience and/or exposure to a manufacturing environment
- Prior internships within the industry