The Project Engineer supports the conception and completion of assigned capital projects from including development, design, purchase, construction and start-up as required to satisfy budgetary limits, production needs and governmental requirements.
· Coordinates assigned projects/priorities by ensuring the timely completion is within budget, ensures appropriate paybacks are forecasted and achieves expected outcomes.
· Schedules all project work including design, equipment selection, construction, equipment installation in coordination with available downtime to minimize impact on production and is are in compliance with governmental regulatory specifications (O.S.H.A., F.D.A., building codes, etc.)
· Prepares and implements Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) by coordinating with production management, as well as, other outside sources to obtain input and review
· Prepares specifications, drawings, and layouts
· Obtains quotes, develops costs analysis, budget and project schedule
· Directly supervises contractors and coordinates with consulting services
· Identifies, develops and recommends improvements to utility, process or energy systems to improve efficiency or reduce cost
· Ensures that improvements, modifications and upgrades to processes and equipment are completed to facilitate production needs and that engineering design lends itself to proper repair and maintenance.
· Provides formal and informal technical training and development to plant production
· Provides technical and engineering expertise and guidance to production and maintenance to improve productivity and reduce cost.
· Inspects and approves all work done to assure quality, man hour efficiency, compliance and contractor productivity.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
· Requires Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial or manufacturing engineering
· At least 2 years of experience in equipment reliability and/or plant maintenance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities/Competencies:
· Familiarity of engineering principles, including physics, chemistry, structural and machine design.
· Familiar with industrial operations, preferably dairy or food manufacturing.
· Ability to work effectively within a budget.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
· Superior negotiating and problem resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Creative thinker with a process improvement mindset.
· Demonstrated understanding of project management.
· Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams.