Provides guidance and direction to a team of hourly employees in the Nutrition Department. Make solid decisions pertaining to product quality, department safety, and department efficiency for team. Monitor all aspects of their team in the Nutrition Department including product testing, equipment operations, and employee actions. Take accurate product inventories and schedule employees to meet production needs. Builds an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing direct reports.
· Plans and schedules daily staffing needs to maximize labor efficiency and ensure production needs are met.
· Leads and coaches team employees in Nutrition Department by implementing programs in technical training, safety, quality, communications, performance recognition and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee engagement and productivity.
· Builds and fosters strong working relationships, collaboration within their team and a positive work environment.
· Reinforces company and plant policies fairly and consistently.
· Ensures team employees have completed all required training.
· Responds to employee questions and concerns
· Supervises the daily Nutrition shift operations to ensure production standards and quality parameters are met.
· Achieves targeted production volumes.
· Determines equipment repair needs and initiates maintenance work orders to minimize production downtime.
· Monitors team operations and makes recommendations for labor and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and quality improvements.
· Executing to the Nutrition Department’s financial performance goals to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible cost.
· Implements plant safety programs to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.
· Ensures work is accomplished in a safe manner and the workplace is free of safety hazards.
· Provides employees with the training, equipment, and tools to be able to safely perform their jobs.
· Leads and demonstrates safe practices.
· Participates in safety investigations and corrective actions.
· Leads and executes the department’s quality systems to achieve quality goals.
· Oversees the sanitation program effectiveness to ensure food safety standards are met in the department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
· High School or GED or equivalent experience
· At least 5 years of related experience, manufacturing operations preferred
· Additional education may substitute for experience, as applicable
· At least 1 year of progressive leadership experience
Knowledge, Skills/Abilities & Competencies:
· Technical knowledge of Nutrition making process and equipment
· Mechanical aptitude
· Working knowledge of food safety and sanitation practices
· Effective communication skills
· Effective people management skills