Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking an Associate Director, Operations Support, Cheese and Processing on our fantastic Operations team to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask of You To:
- Champion the Cheese and Processing technology, food safety, and associated strategic initiatives.
- Advance production technologies to widen the advantage the company has as compared to our competition, and assists in the development of new product capabilities to meet the needs of our customers.
- Manage staff and departmental resources to ensure the completion of projects and routine deliverables are met in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- Identifies and monitors key performance indicators for department such as: quality of customer service, staff proficiency, dependability of results, and plant support.
- Provide necessary technical support to maximize the financial performance and operating efficiency of all domestic plants.
- Lead teams and processes to ensure a smooth hand-off during commercialization of new processes or product lines, and provide on-going technical support as needed to enhance process capability and strive for the elimination of waste.
- Review and finalize training materials and is responsible for ensuring that material content is up to date and developed for new processes and technologies.
- Prevent Problems Before They Happen through training, continuous improvement and root cause analysis activities by interacting with employees, suppliers and customers to accumulate information, analyze the situation, and recommend solutions and improvements to quickly eliminate problems.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives through LFC manufacturing facilities that drive new and improved technologies to increase productivity or improve overall food safety.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant (with a free chocolate milk dispenser!), constant pizza tastings, and a robust gym!
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine (average winter temperature is 47 degrees), the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders, and home to eight professional sports teams including our very own former Super Bowl champs the Denver Broncos!
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or scientific discipline.
- Ten (10) years of food manufacturing, product development and quality assurance experience in the dairy segment.
- Five (5) years of leadership/people development experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), and Internet search.
We Hope You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean principals.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Strong leadership skills; team orientation, with excellent leadership, employee motivation, people development and performance management skills, and strong influencing abilities.
- Ability to apply creativity and innovation to solving technical problems.