For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking an Associate Director, Operations Support, Cheese and Processing on our fantastic Technical Services team to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our cheese business to even larger levels!
We Ask of You To:
- Champion the Cheese and Processing technology, food safety, and associated strategic initiatives.
- Advance production technologies to widen the advantage the company has as compared to our competition, and assists in the development of new product capabilities to meet the needs of our customers.
- Manage staff and departmental resources to ensure the completion of projects and routine deliverables are met in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- Identifies and monitors key performance indicators for department such as: quality of customer service, staff proficiency, dependability of results, and plant support.
- Provide necessary technical support to maximize the financial performance and operating efficiency of all domestic plants.
- Lead teams and processes to ensure a smooth hand-off during commercialization of new processes or product lines, and provide on-going technical support as needed to enhance process capability and strive for the elimination of waste.
- Review and finalize training materials and is responsible for ensuring that material content is up to date and developed for new processes and technologies.
- Prevent Problems Before They Happen through training, continuous improvement and root cause analysis activities by interacting with employees, suppliers and customers to accumulate information, analyze the situation, and recommend solutions and improvements to quickly eliminate problems.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives through LFC manufacturing facilities that drive new and improved technologies to increase productivity or improve overall food safety.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant (with a free chocolate milk dispenser!), constant pizza tastings, and a robust gym!
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine (average winter temperature is 47 degrees), the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders, and home to eight professional sports teams including our very own former Super Bowl champs the Denver Broncos!
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- The right candidate MUST already understand the ins and outs of the cheese manufacturing process to be both successful and considered for this role.
- Ten (10) years of overall food manufacturing, process engineering, or equivalent technical experience.
- Five (5) years of experience leading a team in a technical operations setting.
- The ability to travel up to 50%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Technology, or an Engineering field of study.
We Hope You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean principals.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Strong leadership skills; team orientation, with excellent leadership, employee motivation, people development and performance management skills, and strong influencing abilities.
- Ability to apply creativity and innovation to solving technical problems.