Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking either an Engineer or Scientist on our Cheese Operations Technical Services team to help us take our already ever-growing cheese business to even larger levels around the globe!
We Ask Of You To:
- Participate in and execute the Innovation strategic plan in alignment with the company’s strategy and goals.
- Provide troubleshooting and continuous improvement technical expertise in all matters regarding cheese production/processing operations.
- Develop and implement procedures and methodology to improve efficiencies and quality.
- Be scientific subject matter expert for cheese production and processes, and system development
- Provide support and expertise to many areas of the business to include production operations, engineering, and R&D.
- Maintain close contact with developments in the field, obtaining information from a variety of published and unpublished sources.
- Develop the talent base for the organization through formal and informal coaching, teaching and mentoring. Raises the competency and capability of the entire Research & Development organization.
- Develop training content and works with the Learning and Development team to implement that training to all manufacturing facilities.
We Offer You:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant, constant pizza tastings, and a robust gym!
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine (average winter temperature is 47 degrees), the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders, and home to eight professional sports teams including our very own former Super Bowl champs the Denver Broncos!
We Hope You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Science discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience in a cheese or dairy engineering/scientist or production operations role.
- Expert on the cheese make process including proficiency on 3rd party food manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to travel up to 70% nationwide.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Dairy Science, or Food Science/Technology.
- Seven (7) years of experience in cheese manufacturing as an engineer or scientist.
- Expert with cheese processing equipment such as GEA, TetraPak, Alfa Laval, et al.