Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Within our 600-person Roswell manufacturing facility, we are seeking a Plant Purchasing Agent/ Supervisor to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask Of You To:
- Plan and schedule daily staffing needs to maximize labor efficiency and ensure needs are met.
- Lead and coach team employees in department by implementing programs in technical training, safety, quality, communications, performance recognition and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee engagement and productivity.
- Build and foster strong working relationships, collaboration within their team and a positive work environment reinforcing company and plant policies fairly and consistently.
- Prioritize production equipment repair needs to minimize production downtime, while assuring safety and quality.
- Maintain and track inventory accurately including data entry, inventory counts, and incoming/outgoing parts records.
- Monitor team operations and makes recommendations for labor and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and equipment/inventory improvements.
- Implement plant safety programs to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.
- Participate in safety investigations and corrective actions.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in sunny Roswell, New Mexico: surrounded by wondrous national parks, outdoor wonders, and located a mere 90 miles from the popular Ski Apache winter and summer resort.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School or GED or equivalent experience.
- Seven (7) years of related industrial maintenance experience (Additional education may substitute for experience, as applicable).
- Two (2) years of progressive leadership experience.
- Technical knowledge of industrial equipment maintenance and repair, and overall facility maintenance.
- Working knowledge of inventory controls, ordering, and vendor relations.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Manufacturing operation experience preferred.