Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking an Associate Scientist - Product Development to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
The Associate Product Development Scientist will manage internal and external customer projects as assigned. The work involves collaboration across various departments including Quality Assurance, Sales, Marketing, Production, Accounting, and Supply Chain. The Associate Product Development Scientist will have significant customer interaction, and bridge customer expectations with process capability.
We Ask of You To:
- Assist in the development of new testing protocol/methodology.
- Assist Senior R&D Staff in carrying out project experiments including bench-top, pilot plant and production plant trials.
- Run Design of Experiment (DOE), collect, process and analyzes data using software; interpret and summarize results.
- Organize and execute routine product performance and analytical evaluations; and document/present results.
- Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and immediately communicate concerns to senior staff and management as necessary to ensure prompt resolution.
- Assist with project planning by identifying the scope of the project, defining success criteria, and conducting risk analysis while identifying potential misses.
- Assist with conducting the Feasibility Study by researching market demands, researching if the process is well-defined/proven, and defining the project’s Return of Investment (ROI)
- Develop and coordinate a communication plan to execute trials.
- Coordinate project implementation from R&D to production plants for commercialization.
- Build technical (scientific/analytical) expertise by learning and researching new scientific practices.
- Upon request, draft SOP and Process Description, and create or change (update) manufacturing specifications.
- Demonstrate cross-functional collaboration with senior/cross-functional team members on project concepts to achieve strategic projects.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant (with a free chocolate milk dispenser!), constant pizza tastings, and a robust gym!
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine (average winter temperature is 47 degrees), the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders, and home to eight professional sports teams including our very own former Super Bowl champs the Denver Broncos!
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor degree in food science or related field.
- Basic knowledge of food science and ingredient applications
- Less than two years of experience in food, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology industry.
- Experience in moderately complex lab or production equipment operations.
- Proficient with MS Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and Internet research
We Hope You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience in food preparation and food safety.
- Experience in food production environment and equipment operations.