Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking a Staff Accountant to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask of You To:
- Support the annual budget health across all company functions with accurate, efficient, and consistent reporting as instructed.
- Support the Accounting Department’s operational needs by assisting to implement new programs as necessary.
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in compliance with policies and procedures and all pertinent company accounting principles.
- Learn business expertise via reporting to achieve Business Plan Objectives; ensuring the accurate costing of new products, processes and analysis of opportunities for all company partners.
- Conduct Accounting department’s monthly reporting audits on assigned projects including; month-end close, monthly reporting requirements, external audits for annual financial and sales / use tax.
- Support the timeliness, accuracy and reliability of cost estimates (Standard Cost System) for new products and processes.
- Assure the consistency, and accuracy of complete corporate standard costs.
- Complete accurate, timely and meaningful account reconciliations for assigned plants monthly
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant (with a free chocolate milk dispenser!), constant pizza tastings, and a robust gym!
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine (average winter temperature is 47 degrees), the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders, and home to eight professional sports teams including our very own former Super Bowl champs the Denver Broncos!
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor in degree Accounting.
- Less than two years of experience in a professional Accounting capacity.
- Knowledge of cost accounting and experience in production facilities.
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Excel skills.