Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Waverly, NY manufacturing facility, we are seeking a Materials Supervisor to join our Warehouse team to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask Of You To:
- Report directly to the Materials Manager while supervising and holding accountable hourly warehouse associates.
- Monitor cooler temperature records, shift labor analysis reports, shipping reports, production schedules, and production management instructions.
- Maintain proper inventory levels, minimizing overtime and production planning in an environment that demands constant changes in shipping requirements.
- Tracking and controlling maintenance and repair expenditures for material handling equipment, interior/exterior of warehouse, freezer/cooler and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Assume the role of the Materials Manager during his or her absence.
- Implements plant safety programs to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.
- Leads and executes the department’s quality systems to achieve quality goals.
- Communicate on a regular basis with all Department Managers, Department Supervisors, Accounting, Quality Control, Maintenance, Product Management, Transportation, and all outside vendors.
- Be measured on performance by the level of customer service issues, inventory accuracy, labor utilization, department attendance, team member turnover, team member training levels, and safety goals.
We Offer You in Return:
- Competitive salaries with equally competitive performance bonuses and relocation packages!
- 401(k) along with a lucrative annual Profit Sharing plan – we hire to retire!
- Tuition reimbursement, award recognitions, merit increases, and outstanding health/dental/vision benefits.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School or GED or Equivalent Experience.
- At least 5 years of related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for experience, as applicable.
- At least 1 year of progressive leadership experience.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, industrial distribution or related disciplines.
- Experience in a manufacturing materials management and a progressive leadership role.