To ensure timely production of Finished Goods Inventory to cover customer orders, and to meet the production needs of the facility. Maintain the Production Planning Table in SAP (SCP) to ensure accurate work orders for the cheese and processing production departments, and to ensure accurate material requirements are reflected in ERP.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Production Planner/Scheduler reports to the Materials Manager with a strong indirect reporting relationship to the Corporate Product Management group. The Production Planner/Scheduler has a direct working relationship with plant management and supervisory team across all departments at the Lemoore West Facility.
The Lemoore West plant is a non-union manufacturing facility and is highly technical with advanced state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Production is ongoing and includes cheese manufacturing, cheese processing, whey processing and waste treatment disposal. The environment is results-oriented and fast paced with rapid growth and changing needs. The warehouse environment is a seven-day per week operation involving the movement, storage and shipment of dry, refrigerated and frozen products.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF DUTIES (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following outline of duties satisfactorily. This is only a sampling of responsibility as other duties will be assigned.)
• Maintains proper inventory levels of Finished Goods Inventory.
• Optimizes production planning in an environment that demands constant changes in shipping requirements and ensuring the availability of finished goods upon customers’ demand
• Measures performance by level of customer service issues, inventory accuracy, availability of finished goods.
• Partner with cheese/processing production department to best determine blending/scheduling of products to maximize profitability and ease of product transitions
• Demonstrate leadership in the Warehouse Department by implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity and motivation
• Provide positive coaching and mentoring experiences for department personnel
• Integrate Leprino Quality into all aspects of the warehouse function by encouraging continuous improvement, team work and distinguished customer service
General Experience/Educational Background
SAP and Microsoft Excel experience
3-5 years working experience in manufacturing environment
Technical expertise, knowledge and understanding of computerized inventory principles, materials manaement, production management, transportation, OSHA regulations and customer service needs
Prior cheese and/or dairy foods manufacturing experience
Strong leadership with demonstrated skills and ability to coach and develop others.
Experience and ability to manage continuous improvement processes such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.
Knowledge of safety and sanitary design principles, as well as, procurement and contracting skills
Language and Technical Skills
Proficient computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office products.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to individuals at all levels within the company.
Familiarity or ability to learn SAP, or similar integrated manufacturing system.
Ability to influence upward, laterally, and downward without any direct line authority.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to determine the root cause to issues that arise, using skills of investigation, organizing thoughts and conclusions, and presenting these solutions to others.
Ability to deal with and understand different cultures.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position will be exposed to both an office and production operations environment. Industrial setting includes both wet and dry production areas with loud noise and varying degress of temperature from freezer to extreme heat.
Long periods of both sedentary activity and movement (walking/standing) is required.
Bending, squatting and climbing of steps may be needed occasionally.
Specific vision may be required for this position, including close vision, distance vision, color and depth perception, and the ability to read computer screens for extended time periods.
MEASUREMENT OF GOALS
All objectives as outlined on Individual Development Plan or Performance Expectations.