Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Tracy, CA 300-person union manufacturing facility, we are seeking a Utilities Maintenance Supervisor to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
We Ask of You to:
- Prioritize, plan, schedule and follow-up on plant maintenance to ensure that the work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental needs to minimize lost production time. Maintains compliance with plant standards and Regulatory Agencies. (25%)
- Maintain appropriate records and files pertaining to plant maintenance activities and PSM to ensure availability of information regarding machine and facility requirements. (20%)
- Ensure the safety of employees through active participation in the Safety Excellence Program. (15%)
- Act as a resource to production management in problem-solving and troubleshooting operational activities (PPBTH). (15%)
- Integrate Leprino Quality into all aspects of maintenance functions as evidenced by demonstrated continuous improvement, teamwork with co-workers, distinguished customer service and striving for excellence. (10%)
- Provide training and development for mechanics to upgrade their skill levels. (10%)
- Administer the labor contract and plant policies in a fair and consistent manner to maintain a positive work environment and motivated work force. (5%)
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- A chance to reside in Tracy, CA; population of 85,000, a short drive to both Stockton and Modesto, and just sixty miles east of San Francisco. Tracy is centrally located between all the National Parks to the east and the beautiful Bay area to the west.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Associates/Technical Degree with three (3) years of experience in industrial maintenance/utilities
- OR 5+ years of industrial maintenance and utilities experience and 2+ years in a leadership role.
- RETA certifications (CARO or CIRO) based on RETA’s Industrial Refrigeration I, II, and IV.
- Good management skills in supervising and training employees.
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude (i.e. basics of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, refrigeration, boilers, and instrumentation) to assess skills needed for repairs.
- Strong knowledge in PSM programs
- General knowledge of overall plant operations including the Nh3 systems.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field
- Experience in food manufacturing, dairy industry experience highly preferred.