The Production Coordinator is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate supply of all finished goods required, and to meet the customer demands and inventory targets.
• Develops work orders for the cheese and processing production departments to ensure accurate production and to achieve customer order fulfillment within age constraints.
• Partner with production departments to document blending/scheduling of products, leading to maximizing profitability and ease of product transition.
• Maintains the Production Planning Table in SAP to ensure accurate work orders for the production departments
• Ensures that accurate material requirements are documented in the ERP.
• Works with Corporate Product Management Planner to align customer demand.
• Maintain proper inventory levels of Finished Goods Inventory.
• Work with Materials Manager to minimize costs of aged inventory of finished goods, raw materials, and rework inventories.
• Coordinate shipment of aged or obsolete inventory to other LFC facilities.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• High School Diploma or GED
• Technical expertise, knowledge, and understanding of computerized inventory principles, materials management, production management, transportation, and customer service needs
• Experience with SAP or similar integrated manufacturing system
• Prior cheese and/or dairy foods manufacturing experience is preferred
• Minimum 5 years of progressive experience with general materials or warehouse management principles required
• Prior plant scheduling experience in a production environment is preferred
• APICS Certification is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities/Competencies
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership with demonstrated skills and ability to coach and develop others
• Ability to manage continuous improvement processes such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.
• Ability to partner with other departments and act as a catalyst to promote efficiencies within the plant
• Proficient computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office & SAP (or similar) programs.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to individuals at all levels within the company
• Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions
• Must be able to understand standard operating procedures (SOP’s), warehouse operating guidelines, and operation of the computerized ERP system
• Ability to influence upward, laterally, and downward without any direct line authority
• Must be able to work off hours/on call to support production needs