Leprino Foods’ history dates to over 65 years ago, when the Leprino family first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, we are the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by the Leprino family, we’ve set our sights to become the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that ambitious vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: motivated individuals who are the absolute best at what they do. From three people in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver corporate headquarters, we are seeking a Procurement Category Manager - Ingredients supporting our corporate Direct Procurement team to continue moving our business to even larger levels!
We Ask of You To:
- Manage a multi-million dollar spend within the ingredient (excluding milk) category.
- Strategically source for starches, enzymes, and flavors to support Leprino’s production operations.
- Provide direct leadership, training, and professional development to one Procurement Specialist.
- Drive results in value commitment to Leprino Foods in the form of cost savings and cost avoidance.
- Drive supplier quality and service performance, cost savings and continuous improvement initiatives, supplier innovation, and risk management activities.
- Oversee the development and execution of sourcing strategies and category management for assigned categories.
- Lead the establishment of category Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for assigned categories and track performance in coordination with stakeholder group.
We Offer You in Return:
- A competitive total compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility and relocation (if applicable)!
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan opportunity – we hire to retire!
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement, award recognition, merit, and competitive health/dental/vision benefits.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant, and robust fitness center.
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders, and home to eight professional sports teams including our very own Super Bowl champs the Denver Broncos!
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- Six (6) years of experience in strategic sourcing and procurement within ingredient category.
- Extensive ERP experience.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Supply Chain Management.
- Energy sourcing experience.
- Previous leadership experience managing direct reports.
- SAP experience.
- Eight (8) years of strategic sourcing within ingredient space with a food or beverage manufacturer.