Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Our team in Lemoore, CA is seeking an HR Manager I to help grow, mentor, and support the 1,000 employees that call this facility home. Will you turn your passion for people into impact by directly contributing in fostering a healthy environment for the next generation of Leprino’s leaders to flourish?
- Support all plant HR operations in our 1000-person flagship cheese and whey manufacturing facility. Including the leadership, mentorship, and career development for all HR Supervisors, Generalists, and Associates.
- Play a key role in driving the company's strong culture, succession management, organizational design, leadership development and assessment.
- Recommend and implement practices necessary to establish positive relationships and promote a higher level of morale.
- Improve on existing practices and procedures in order to continue hiring a remarkable workforce for both exempt and non-exempt level positions.
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, tenacious, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
Offering You In Return
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in Lemoore, California: 30 minutes south of Fresno, an hour from the popular China Peak Ski Resort as well as Sequoia National Park, and a two-hour drive to Yosemite National Park.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications)
- A Bachelor's in HR, OD, or other similar disciplines including six (6) years of progressive leadership experience as an HR Supervisor, HRBP, or HR Manager within a manufacturing environment.
You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications)
- Extensive experience in employment law, OD and planning, labor relations, safety, and training.
- A Master’s in Labor Relations, HR Management, or OD including a PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP (and SCP) certification.
- Experience in a 24/7 dairy manufacturing environment with leadership over HR Supervisors or HR Generalists.
- Preferred experience with leading and/or supporting Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience working within CI methodologies in the following areas: Kaizen, Standard Work, 5S Program, Process Mapping, Cause Mapping, and Project Management.
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide family of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another. Apply today to learn more about our Human Resources career path.