The Operations Project Assistant I reports directly to the Operations Project Lead and will assist to increase profitability by implementing strategies for continuous improvement projects. The position objectives include documenting process, taking/importing pictures, and will complete packets for standardization. Helping to identify and prioritize assigned opportunities that will enable the plant to reduce and eliminate waste to improve cost, quality, and delivery. Using such methodologies as DMAIC, 5S, standardized processes, and RCA tools.
• Entry level experience in a form of continuous improvement or problem solving.
• Understand Lean Manufacturing Methods and variation reduction tools.
• The ability to gather data, document, and produce final product for standardization to improve the quality product of our product using all Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Ability to perform intermediate administration functions related to improvement projects.
• Addresses problems directly, analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment.
• Be able to be a forward thinker and solution based.
• This position impacts all sponsored project Teams and quality product.
• Aid in providing timelines and track progress through action registers and charters.
• Work closely with accounting and operations support to show financial impact of improvement efforts.
• Guides, influences, and persuades others either internally in other areas or externally with project teams.
• Professional demeanor with positive and strong work ethics
• Both a forward and a creative thinker
• Can work in different tier levels (with peers, management and all levels of staff) and cross-functional teams
• Entry level experience in Lean manufacturing methods.
• Understands Lean and variation reduction tools; Six Sigma and cause mapping are helpful.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
• Background in management or continuous process manufacturing preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Associates Degree in business field or equivalent work experience.
• (3-5 years of related work)
• Preferred experience: Manufacturing Accounting in Dairy or other industry.
• Preferred experience: Six Sigma green belt or higher
• Entry level knowledge in the Lean methodologies
• Intermediate or better in Excel, Word, and e-mail communication