For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking a Senior Manager, Nutrition R&D on our Global R&D team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of innovation, technological advancement, and new product development. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate. Will you turn your passion for ingredient development into impact?
What Does the Work Look Like?
- Leprino Foods has a robust pipeline of new and innovative dairy ingredient product offerings – the right candidate will be responsible for partnering with our Innovation and Commercial Teams in identifying, screening, developing, and commercializing products for the Leprino Nutrition business unit.
- In this role you will wear the hat of a business development professional: Will you work to research and identify requirements for prospective customers inside and outside the food industry while ensuring new products are designed to meet customer expectations and needs.
- In this role you will be responsible for supporting a robust Stage Gate process ensuring the successful launch of new ingredients (primarily raw materials) developed and scaled up in our manufacturing facilities.
- You will be an active partner and advocate with our strategic global customers by promoting innovation and product development that delivers competitive advantages for both them and Leprino Foods.
- Cross-functional collaboration and strong leadership is key as you will find yourself measuring project successes by working hand-in-hand with Leprino’s Nutrition R&D team, Innovation team, Commercial team, and Quality team.
The Right Candidate Will Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry, or a very closely related science degree (Bakery Science, Dairy Science, Biochemistry, etc.) - The right candidate needs to have the scientific expertise to know what is or isn’t possible when it comes to the development of new and sophisticated dairy ingredients.
- At least 8 years of experience in food science and product development.
- Knowledge and experience in regulatory matters concerning import/export of food products and ingredients.
- Previous experience as a Technical Sales Manager or someone who has had sales responsibilities while serving as an R&D/Product Development Manager.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in Food Science or Chemistry.
- 5 years in dairy product development working in the Business-to-Business (B2B) space.
- 5 years of experience in a leadership/people development role.
- 10 years of experience in new product development.
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders!
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide group of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another. Apply today to learn more about our Corporate Research & Development career path.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com