Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve our daring vision, we’re looking for the secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Within our 600-person Roswell, NM manufacturing facility, we are seeking a highly qualified Senior Supervisor of Industrial Controls & Information Systems within our plant Maintenance team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- Assist with achieving departmental objectives and company goals in relation to the ISS and Controls side of the business.
- Drive LQ into all aspects of the plant information systems function, as demonstrated by continuous improvement, teamwork with all levels of employees, distinguished customer service, and striving for excellence.
- Perform preventative maintenance on the defined devices/equipment with the intent to optimize equipment reliability.
- Support the ISS objectives (internal and external) by working with various support groups.
- Lead troubleshooting of production problems on a timely basis until successful resolution, including major and minor maintenance of automated and non-automated equipment.
- Develop the core leadership competencies and technical skills of department employees, focusing on individual and organizational development.
- Monitor and replace automation hardware devices and electrical equipment as needed.
- Manage, develop, and execute training to all levels of employees.
- Support a continuous 24/7 manufacturing operation.
- Accept a challenging environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical aptitude is the norm, not the exception. Take ownership of your career – it’s yours to grow if you’re willing to put the work in.
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, tenacious, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
Offering You In Return:
- Real career stability, leadership experience, and an ever-learning environment in our state-of-the-art operations. You will play a leading part with the most technologically advanced dairy foods company in the nation. Our proprietary processing technologies are almost a decade ahead of even our closest competitors.
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in sunny Roswell, New Mexico: surrounded by wondrous national parks, outdoor wonders, and located a mere 90 miles from the popular Ski Apache winter and summer resort.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Associates Degree in an appropriate field (i.e. Information Technology, Computer Science, Controls Systems, etc.) and eight (8) years of ISS/PLC System maintenance work in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of plant controls systems including but not limited to: PLC’s, and industrial automation software such as Wonderware.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute specific training processes to all levels of employees.
- Intermediate demonstrated knowledge of data base management systems including SQL Server.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Controls Systems and (10) years of IS/PLC operations and leadership in a manufacturing or military environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Rockwell Asset Center, Carlson, and Active Directory.
- Advanced knowledge of data base management systems including SQL Server.
“The culture of Leprino Foods is built by a family of passionate employees who believe in what they do, who understand the value of teamwork and understand that no one person is greater than the other.” – Steve, Colorado Plant Manager