Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve our daring vision, we’re looking for the secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Within our Tracy, CA union manufacturing facility, we are seeking a highly qualified Production Manager on our plant leadership team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production efficiencies within our Cheese, Whey, and Processing departments. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- Will you use your natural leadership ability daily to build, lead, mentor, develop, and grow highly functioning teams of three department managers and up to fifteen production supervisors (including a non-exempt workforce of 200 production techs) within our cheese, whey and processing departments.
- Manage the facility’s financial performance to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible cost.
Plan and direct production schedules, initiation of capital expense requests, scheduling of maintenance for all equipment upkeep, safety programs, employee technical training, and employee relations.
- Become a technical subject matter expert in whey protein and pasta filata (stretched curd) cheese production.
- Turn your passion into impact! At Leprino we are dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish millions of families around the world. It's a big responsibility and we hope you're up for it.
- Accept a challenging environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical aptitude is the norm, not the exception. Take ownership of your career – it’s yours to grow if you’re willing to put the work in.
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, tenacious, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
Offering You In Return:
- Real career stability, leadership experience, and an ever-learning environment in our state-of-the-art operations. You will play a leading part with the most technologically advanced dairy foods company in the nation. Our proprietary processing technologies are almost a decade ahead of even our closest competitors.
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in Tracy, CA; population of 85,000, a short drive to both Stockton and Modesto, and just sixty miles east of San Francisco. Tracy is centrally located between all the National Parks to the east and the beautiful Bay area to the west.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Eight (8) years of previous experience as a superintendent, production manager, or small plant manager in a cheese and whey manufacturing facility.
- Direct leadership experience over managers and supervisors.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Master’s in Food or Dairy Science, Food Technology, or Chemical Engineering including ten (10) years as a production leader in a dairy manufacturing facility (milk, cream, etc.) with at least four years in cheese or whey protein production.
“The culture of Leprino Foods is built by a family of passionate employees who believe in what they do, who understand the value of teamwork and understand that no one person is greater than the other.” – Steve, Colorado Plant Manager