Within our Denver, CO corporate headquarters our Corporate Accounting team is seeking a Senior Accountant to continue moving our organization to even larger levels within the global cheese and dairy nutrition marketplace. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate. None of which can be done without our amazing finance and accounting professionals.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Using technical accounting research, ensure financial statements are prepared in compliance with policies and procedures and all pertinent accounting principles (monthly, quarterly and annually) in accordance with GAAP.
- Conduct monthly reporting on assigned projects including; month-end close.
- Complete accurate, timely and meaningful general ledger account reconciliations.
- Coordinate the preparation and accumulation of financial information for internal and external audits and maintains a system of controls over the distribution, retention and retrieval of financial reports.
- Accounting expert for Leprino’s Customer Pricing Programs for Cheese and Nutrition. Work directly with the Treasury department to ensure the program runs smoothly and is accurately closed out at the end of each month.
- Responsible for driving the accounting over other hedging programs including natural gas. Work directly with the relevant departments, including purchasing and treasury, to ensure each program is beneficial to the organization and is accurately reported at the end of each month.
- Work with treasury department as foreign exchange programs are entered. Responsible for ensuring FX Cash Program is accurately reported at the end of each month.
- Provide financial support to the Manager and Director of Corporate Accounting as well as numerous other organizational stakeholders including senior leadership. This includes, but is not limited to, monthly analytical reporting over travel and other budget to actual analysis.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the general ledger and the integrity, reliability and relevancy of the financial data
- Use strong analytical skills to provide insightful financial analysis; tell the story as opposed to simply providing data.
- Monitor general and administrative spending and report out to stakeholders emphasizing trends and opportunities.
- Key contact for Leprino Performance Brands accounting requirements, providing monthly analysis as well as preparing monthly adjustments to ensure financial statements are reported correctly.
- Ensure and maintain appropriate internal controls by preparing and monitoring results of the monthly Corporate Accounting Scorecard. Follow up on negative trends noted in the scorecard.
- Collaborate with other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives
- Drive procedural and configuration enhancements or modifications to standard analytical reports to better meet user needs
- Through mastery of analysis and reporting, develop influence and creditability within the organization
- Support the annual budget cycle by developing sound, reasonable budget assumptions through partnership with each cost center owner. Delivering accurate, efficient, and consistent reporting for Selling and G&A cost centers.
- Budgetary responsibilities include preparing select global budgetary assumptions.
- Identify processes and tools to improve the efficiency of the budgeting cycle.
- Perform technical accounting research on complex topics as requested.
- Utilize SAP and Microsoft products to create efficiencies within the department and improve reporting and month end analytics.
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, tenacious, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders!
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Extensive experience in GAAP
- Three years of accounting experience.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance as well as a CPA.
- Five years of experience within a manufacturing industry.
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide group of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another. Apply today to learn more about our Corporate Accounting career path.