Within our 600-person Roswell, NM manufacturing facility, we are seeking a highly qualified Plant Safety Manager. Will you turn your passion for safety into impact by directly contributing to fostering a safe environment for every single person that steps foot in our facility? EHS Today voted Leprino Foods one of America’s Safest Companies in 2016 – will you help us continue this trend?
- Lead and direct the plant Safety & Health process to support risk reduction, injury prevention, and compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Main position responsibilities include safety leadership, safety training and education, safety inspections, engagement in the safety process, regulatory compliance, incident analysis and response, and PSM/RMP/HAZMAT.
- The right candidate will be visible on production floor with regular weekly interaction with front-line leadership and department managers. 40% of your time should be spent on the production floor.
- Primary safety process leader for facility by providing strategic direction for safety as a peer member of the plant leadership team.
- Provide technical safety support by performing hazard assessments for major risks such as machine guarding, ergonomics, confined spaces, construction, and work at height
- Manages safety support staff, plant security team, and budget
- Participate in annual operating plans and interim reviews
- Report on metrics and maintains safety systems to drive compliance, including developing detailed performance and tracking mechanisms for leading and lagging safety performance
- Drive corporate safety improvement initiatives at the plant level
- Regularly report formally to the site leadership team on the status of safety systems progress and results
- Develop and manage safety training plan and content for the site, including New Employee Orientation, and compliance-based and job-specific safety training for technical subject matter (i.e., HAZMAT, confined space, energized work, PSM, combustible dust, industrial hygiene)
- Develop and coordinate safety promotions and engagement activities by providing regular safety communication material for plant-wide distribution
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in sunny Roswell, New Mexico: surrounded by wondrous national parks, outdoor wonders, and located a mere 90 miles from the popular Ski Apache winter and summer resort.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications)
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety or any Safety Management discipline.
- Five years of progressive leadership experience in a Safety position with the majority of your career spent in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience with employee coaching and development.
Hoping You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification.
- Active affiliation with appropriate safety networks and organizations.
- Familiarity with a 24/7 food or beverage manufacturing environment.
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide family of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another. Apply today to learn more about our EHS career path.