The Quality Execution Group Leader (Quality Systems) has oversight and responsibility of Regulatory Compliance and of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems. Responsibilities also include auditing and effecting the expected quality culture, carrying out departmental training and maintaining key instruments.
· Assures plant level preparedness for customer and regulatory inspections and product recalls. Shall maintain Plant Quality and Food Safety Plans.
· Ensures compliance to plant and corporate policies and procedures. Shall audit food safety and quality program and any other programs as assigned.
· Shall lead cross functional teams into using various tools to drive true root cause and adequate corrective and preventive actions on non-conformances. Shall manage investigations into all customer complaints.
· Shall maintain, troubleshoot and provide technical support for key instruments as assigned.
· Shall monitor and review data and demonstrate urgency in communicating and escalation of any non-conformances. Tracks and drives for success on Key Performance Indicators.
Developing Team and Culture
· Shall champion Zero Tolerance for Food Safety culture, champions improvements for Employee Safety and drives Continuous Improvement.
· Teaches in areas of quality and food safety and providing clear, honest feedback. Is keen to drive behavior changes by carrying out audits and providing feedback. Is instrumental in achieving the desired food safety and quality culture where needed.
· Champions assigned Quality Execution initiatives and operates as the local subject matter expert in applicable Quality Execution and Quality Assurance policies, programs, and systems.
· Teaches and inspires passion in all plant employees for product quality, food safety, and plant housekeeping.
· Educates plant personnel on, and assures plant compliance with Food Safety and Quality Programs.
· Coordinates, carries out training for the QE Department and maintains all training records/ training matrix.
· Prepare for and manages plant regulatory, customer, corporate and other third party audits.
· Assist with fiscal responsibility for decisions for area including for service requests, purchases and inventor management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities/Competencies:
(Please list the knowledge skills and abilities required to be successful in this role.) See examples below.
· Familiarity with Quality Management Systems (SQF/ BRC/ ISO etc.)
The QE Group Leaders reports directly to the Quality Execution Supervisor. This role will interact frequently with Production, Maintenance, Engineering at all organizational levels as well as, other functional department managers, supervisors and group leaders with occasional contact with corporate QA resources. There is also occasional contact with contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
Decision Making: (Please check one level of decision making that is most characteristic of the role, and provide examples of decisions made.)
Decision Making Responsibilities
Follows established policies and precedents to make decisions, with very little interpretation
Follows prescribed “if/then” decision trees, with some interpretation, but usually actions follow typical process
Comparison and evaluation of possible courses of action and making a decision after various possibilities of have considered
Formulates, affects, interprets, or implements policies or operating practices
Has authority to waive or deviate from established policies and procedures of a significant nature without prior approval
Physical/Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
Work Environment Description:
· Works in an industrial setting, with loud noises.
· Consistently required to move and manipulate heavy equipment.
The following physical/mental activities are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. Please check the following that apply and provide any additional ones that aren’t in the list. For those checked, please indicate which Accountability Category requires the activity, by number. Also if an Activity checked can be measured (ex., weight limit) please provide the appropriate measurement.