Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
The Power & Utilities Technician is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all steam, refrigeration, compressed air and support equipment. This position is also responsible for the safe repair and troubleshooting of malfunctioning electrical or instrumentation systems, the calibration of instruments, performing mechanical, preventive, and predictive maintenance, and maintaining 5S standards. This position will participate on the hazmat response team.
What we ask of you:
- Safe repair and troubleshooting of malfunctioning mechanical, electrical or instrumentation systems.
- Calibration of instruments.
- Maintaining 5S standards in work areas and tool boxes.
- Performing mechanical, preventive, and predictive maintenance.
- Participation on the hazmat response team.
We Offer You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our goal. Through competitive wage, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
You Must Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Experience in a similar technician role with electrical background.
- Experience in maintenance pneumatics.
- Experience with electrical controls.
- Experience with schematic reading.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, off-shifts, weekends, holidays, and required overtime to support a 24 hour/7 day operation.
- Must be able to work 12.5 hour scheduled shifts.
- Ability to repeatedly lift throughout the entire shift meeting minimal lift requirements.
- Ability to access elevated work areas such as climbing ladders/stairs and work at extreme heights.
- Ability to understand and apply standard operating procedures.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment and comply with all applicable safety practices.
- Ability to maintain a clean work area according to good manufacturing processes.
- Ability to stand, kneel, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in hot, humid, and cold areas and tight spaces.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Good communication skills to communicate with co-workers and oncoming/outgoing shifts.
- Skills to perform basic and intermediate mathematical calculations.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Associates or a 2 year degree in a maintenance related field.
- Experience in a similar maintenance technician role (2+years).
- Experience with boiler ammonia refrigeration (2+years).
- Experience with stainless steel welding and fabrication.
- Experience in dairy/food manufacturing.
- Experience with AC frequency drives and instrumentation.
- Experience with mechanical repairs including rebuilding of gearboxes and process equipment.
- Ability to enter data into and pull data from computer systems, including proficient skills in email, internet, Microsoft Office and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Ability with problem-solving to deal with equipment or troubleshooting when supervision is not readily available for consultation.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com