Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
The Greeley Team is seeking a Maintenance Technician to help us achieve our goals.
We Ask Of You To:
- Perform mechanical duties such as pumps, valves, conveyor work, sprockets, gearboxes, etc.
- Calibrate all plant insturmentation in a wide variety of makes and types specifications
- Work with industrial electricity (motor controls) to troubleshoot and repair electrical components and machinery including all three phase 480, 220, and other plant systems
- Complete preventative maintenace work orders
- Perform cleaning duties as required
- Perform work in a safe manner by following safety procedures and policies, critical safety rules, and expected standard conduct
- Follow company's good manufacturing and safety policies and procedures. Maintain housekeeping in area and maintain 5S standards
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, team leads, and supervisors.
- All other duties as assigned.
We Offer You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our goal. Through competitive wage, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
You Must Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language
- Basic math skills to be able to perform mathematical functions
- Ability to access elevated work areas such as climbing ladders/stairs
- Ability to understand and apply standard operating procedures
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment and comply with all applicable safety practices
- Ability to lift moderate weights repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Ability to stand/walk throughout the shift
- Ability to work in hot, humid, and cold areas
- Prior experience in a similar maintenance technican role with electircal background
- Previous experience in pneumatics, electrical controls, and schematic reading
- Must be able to read/write and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to work Overtime, Weekends, Holidays, and 12.5 hour shifts
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Prior dairy/food manufacturing experience
- Associates or two-year degree in a mainteance related field
- Experience with stainless steel welding and fabrication
- Basic knowledge of utility equipment and operations (e.g. boiler and refrigeration equipment)
- Computer proficiency in email, internet, Microsoft Office software, and computerized maintenance management systems
- PLC troubleshooting experience
- Experience with AC frequency drives and instrumentation
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com