Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
The Building Maintenance Team Lead is responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the facility which includes industrial tiling, plumbing, electrical, painting, door operation, lighting, and other miscellaneous repairs and construction.
What we ask of you:
- Perform building preventative maintenance and repairs within assigned time frames.
- Perform cleaning duties as required.
- Work in accordance with safe work practices.
- Follow company’s good manufacturing, and safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping and 5S standards.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, team leads, and supervisors.
- Motivate and lead team on a daily basis; assist supervisors with the implementation of department initiatives
- Coordinate technician assignments to ensure completion of preventative maintenance
- Complete appropriate paperwork and input data into computer systems in a timely manner; train technicians as applicable
We Offer You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our goal. Through competitive wage, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
You Must Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- At least 2 years of experience in industrial building maintenance which includes electrical circuits, industrial tile laying and repairs, plumbing fixtures, light mechanical repairs, and carpentry skills.
- Experience leading others
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to evaluate and identify mechanical conditions and make adjustments as necessary.
- Ability to meet minimal lift requirements.
- Ability to access elevated work areas such as climbing ladders/stairs and working at extreme heights.
- Ability to understand and apply standard operating procedures.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment and comply with all applicable safety practices.
- Ability to maintain a clean work area according to good manufacturing processes.
- Ability to stand, kneel, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in hot, humid, and cold areas, and in tight spaces.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Good communication skills to communicate with co-workers and oncoming/outgoing shifts.
- Skills to perform basic and intermediate mathematical calculations.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Associates or 2 year degree in maintenance related field.
- Experience in dairy/food manufacturing.
- Knowledge of government and industrial regulations (e.g. PSM, OSHA, and USDA).
- Computer proficiency in email, internet, Microsoft Office software, and computerized maintenance management systems (e.g. SAP, Maximo).
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com