Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, in 2016 we launched Leprino Performance Brands, with our first consumer product: Ascent Protein.
Backed by a parent company that has been purifying proteins for more than 30 years. Proteins sold to leading brands across the world until recently, when we shifted our focus to create the next breakthrough in sports nutrition – Native FuelTM. Over the last 4 years, we have built Ascent to be a leading brand in the CrossFit, Obstacle Course Racing & US Weightlifting communities by naturally improving athletic performance. Most recently, we signed All-Pro Running Back Christian McCaffrey, and are setting our sites on continuing to grow our brand nationally & globally. Ascent is focused on establishing a lasting brand to help athletes of all levels achieve their goals. Will you join us on our journey?
For our headquarters in Denver, Colorado – Ascent is seeking a Digital Media Lead to help deploy our digital and social media strategy and develop best practices to help deliver our key brand fundamentals: Trial, Repeat, and Loyalty!
We Ask Of You To:
- Serve as the Digital Media Lead for our Ascent Protein consumer brand by owning the consumer interaction across various digital channels such as social, organic/paid media and our brand website.
- Lead the partnership with our external Digital Media Agency to implement and execute paid media campaigns across search and social media, while also establishing, meeting, and exceeding KPIs.
- Provide Google Analytics insights and reporting.
- Track budget and established KPIs with our agency partner to ensure metrics are being met.
- As the Social Media Lead, execute social posts based on already established content calendar.
- Build an online community and form great relationships with consumers, gyms/affiliates, and other partners.
- Build and grow the numbers of Ascent followers and community while transforming consumers into Ascent brand advocates, and effectively engage with direct consumer comments and questions in a timely manner.
- Establish and track social media analytics on Ascent athletes and key competitors including NFL player Christian McCaffrey and CrossFit Games Champions Katrin Davidsdottir and Brent Fikowski.
- As Email Marketing Lead execute emails against content calendar, lead and implement email engagement, retention, and buy-back strategy amongst Consumers.
- Incorporate brand website into larger digital strategy.
- Manage content and product updates to the brand website and optimize all pages for conversion.
- Report directly to the Senior Marketing Manager and develop strong working relationships with the Head of Sales, Customer Service, Managing Director, and our external Marketing Agency partnerships.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Manage digital marketing agency annual budget
- 40% time spent as the Digital Media Lead
- 25% of efforts will be as the Social Media Lead primarily on IG and Twitter platforms.
- 20% responsibility as Email Marketing Lead
- 15% of your time will be incorporating AscentProtein.com into larger digital strategy
We Offer You in Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino/Ascent couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino/Ascent is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit-Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- Corporate office in the LoHi neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver, including an on-site fast casual restaurant, and robust fitness center.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Two years of experience in Digital Marketing either leading an agency partnership or experience working in a digital marketing agency.
- Two years of developing/executing Social Media in a brand-building environment (including paid executions).
- Two years’ experience in Email Marketing.
- Two years of experience with Google Analytics.
- The Ascent team all share the core values of the brand, our customers, and are athletes – having an absolute passion for fitness and nutrition is a cultural must.
- The ability to pass a 90-day hair and follicle drug test (Leprino Foods, a federal supplier, tests for marijuana regardless of CO state laws).
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience using Emarsys.
- Sports Nutrition experience.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Photoshop/Design/Creative
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com