The Product Review Specialist IV is responsible for the preparation, review and release of all production documents and records. This position is responsible for ensuring that incoming purchased ingredients and materials intended for internal consumptions are reviewed, and released in compliance with company policy/process. The Product Review Specialist III should know and understand the roles and responsibilities of Product Review Specialists I and II.
· At all times, operate in a manner consistent with safe operating procedures
· Review of all FSMA Documents
· Review of Micro tests and micro Retests
· Review all cheese grading scores
· Review of warm room grading
· Accountability for all Cheese Product made at Plant
· Maintain current and accurate record keeping for hold/ release of product
· Review of QLC / Cheese Resample/ retest
· Direct interaction with Managers
· Ensure all cheese analytical, performance, bacti, QC checks, and testing frequencies are being met
· Responsible for the safe and adequate operation of lab tests in accordance with company standard operating procedures (SOP)
· Meeting orders with available product
· Overseeing product needs for release
· Knowledge of lab SOPs
· Able to handle a high stress environment
· Request product from warehouse pending needs for release accurate and timely manner in SAP
· Works Collaboratively with different departments
to ensure that customer service goals are met and service impacts are minimized.
· Able to make calculated decisions.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
· Adhere to all company and regulatory GMPs
· Comply with corporate rules and regulations
· Must be able to multi-task
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
· Associates degree in Food Science preferred, or 3 to 5 years of equivalent work experience is required
· 1 – 3 years of leadership experience is required
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
· Experience in the Manufacturing, Quality in Food, of Quality in Dairy industries is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities/Competencies:
· Computer literacy. Knowledge of JD Edwards, AS400, CIM system, Microsoft Excel, SAP, MS Word Applications, E-mail, and Typing Skills min. 40wpm.
· Knowledgeable of food safety expectations, SOPs, Cyberdocs, and MFG specifications
· Knowledge of sanitary GMPs.
· Proficient in math, analytical reasoning skills, and delegation
· Ability to carry out Risk Assessments, Quality Assurance, and Quality Control Principles
· Ability to make decisions independently in a stressful environment involving large financial impacts
· Has excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and deliver on deadlines
· Ability to learn and perform multiple functions and tasks within the scope of accounting
· Has a positive attitude and strong work ethic
· Must be able to work holidays and weekends.
· Physical requirements to perform job as defined in the essential job function.
· This position reports to the Hold and Release Supervisor
· This position will have no direct reports
Decision Making Responsibilities
Follows established policies and precedents to make decisions, with very little interpretation
Follows prescribed “if/then” decision trees, with some interpretation, but usually actions follow typical process.
· Use decision matrices and flowcharts to interpret extraneous and OOS situations and make judgements calls for product release or disposition based on those.
Comparison and evaluation of possible courses of action and making a decision after various possibilities of have considered
Formulates, affects, interprets, or implements policies or operating practices
Has authority to waive or deviate from established policies and procedures of a significant nature without prior approval
Physical/Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
Work Environment Description:
· Works in an office setting the majority of the time and is generally sedentary, but may involve movement (e.g., walking, standing, or otherwise being mobile throughout the office) for brief periods of time.
· May be required to occasionally independently move and handle objects up to 48 pounds.
The following physical/mental activities are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. Please check the following that apply and provide any additional ones that aren’t in the list. For those checked, please indicate which Accountability Category requires the activity, by number. Also if an Activity checked can be measured (ex., weight limit) please provide the appropriate measurement.