Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking a Solution Architect. The Solution Architect, Systems & Storage will be responsible as the primary architect for the in-house Wintel & Linux systems, along with storage environments and to ensure the stability, integrity and performance of said systems and services. The incumbent must exhibit advanced knowledge in a variety of the systems & storage field's concepts, practices, and technologies, and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The Solution Architect will manage the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of all systems and storage related hardware, software, and interrelated systems. This individual will also analyze and resolve systems, storage hardware and software incidents and problems in a timely and accurate manner and provide end user training where required. Additional responsibilities will include managing supplier partners, participating/leading projects and small enhancement teams, working closely with business and application representatives throughout all phases of implementations, and driving resolution of support issues.
We Ask You to:
- The incumbent will be required to manage projects that involve major systems replacement, service expansion, analysis, design, vendor interaction, implementation, training, and follow up as assigned by the Sr. Manager of Enterprise Systems and Storage. These projects will extend to Leprino’s production plants outside of the Corporate Office and will require the incumbent to travel to these locations to carry out these tasks.
Systems and Storages
- The security and integrity of Leprino Foods systems, storage and the information stored within is critical to ensuring business continuity. These devices only perform a portion of the job because the information they gather can only be put to good use by physical intervention. This task becomes the responsibility of the Solution Architect, Systems & Storage who will be required to carry out the following:
- Recommend and implement new systems & storage capability as required to protect the Company’s interests
- Continue to work with the IT Security team to develop and maintain a high level of security with respect to external resources requiring access to the Leprino network.
- Continue to work with the IT Security team to review and manage the update, where necessary, the level of security on all security systems and devices in accordance with industry standards.
- Stay abreast of emerging security threats and technology to mitigate risks
- Responsible to stay current on lifecycle management of all Systems, Storage and Backup systems, as well as manage & track those efforts
- Responsible for the Systems & Storage Aspects of the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity IT programs.
- Crafting and updating all DR & BC Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Ensuring all technical aspects of the DR and BC program are functioning
- Data replication between all pertinent LFC locations
- All DR hardware is functioning and up to date
- Documentation of Systems Design (and Maintenance) is part of this role
Systems Administration & Customer Service
- The promotion of excellence in quality and customer service within the Systems & Storage team, IT and the company rates extremely high on this position's requirements. This will include the following:
- Maximization of the end-user’s productivity by providing stable, efficient and cost effective solutions to the business.
- The incumbent’s financial responsibility includes the following:
- Execution of competitive bidding processes with a variety of vendors
- Recommendations and guidelines for all locations annual budgetary process
- Continuous review and recommendations, where necessary, for any changes to services that improve service and/or show significant savings to the business.
- Monitor and review maintenance contract arrangements with vendors ensuring that maintenance schedules are being adhered to and that Leprino is receiving the best value for money available
- The Systems & Storage Solution Architect will provide any assistance that may be required to the Sr. Manager of Enterprise Systems and Storage and is also required to supervise certain activities of the Systems & Storage Contractors. During the absence of the Sr. Manager of Enterprise Systems and Storage, the Solution Architect assumes the role and responsibility for management of daily operations
- Leads by example within own team and across other functions. Improves personal effectiveness through participation in the Performance Management process and the creation of an Individual Development Plan
- Leadership & oversight of Capgemini team resources
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders!
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in appropriate discipline or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5 to 7 years’ experience working within Microsoft, VMware, and SuSE Linux
- Appropriate certifications within Microsoft, VMware, SuSE Linux and other related technologies
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide group of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
“Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location”