Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Lemoore Plant we are seeking a Supervisor, Quality. The Quality Supervisor executes on daily execution of the Plant’s Quality and Food Safety programs, processes, and systems to ensure that plant performance meets and/or exceeds company-wide expectations.
We Ask You to:
- Establishes himself/ herself as the go to quality resource for daily decision making. Directs resources to execute in areas of ownership including testing, microbiology, environmental monitoring, sanitation/ sanitary design, risk assessments and all quality programs and systems.
- Integrates with Production team in troubleshooting plant quality execution deficiencies, working with technical resources (Technical Services, Quality Assurance, R&D and Product Development) and plant management resources to identify root cause and eliminate recurring quality problems.
- Coordinates with QE/ QA teams to assure proper compliance to customer and regulatory requirements (complaints, audits, requests for information). Assures plant level preparedness for customer and regulatory inspections and product recalls.
- Oversees sanitation systems and effectiveness and assures plant compliance with Food Safety (HACCP) systems.
- Analyses data and monitors trends to react to early warnings on issues. Establishes and drives achievement of Key Performance Indicators
- The Quality Execution Supervisor role is one that requires strong leadership and area ownership; ensuring that all products made are meeting quality and food safety expectations.
- Executes on Zero Tolerance for Food Safety culture, champions improvements for Employee Safety and drives Continuous Improvement.
- Focusses in areas of employee development, performance management, and organizational planning, including hiring and promoting for success and technical development.
- Assert food safety as a priority that cannot be compromised and ensures that the team is trained and qualified in a manner that meets food safety requirements. Assert food safety and food quality as a priority that cannot be compromised and ensures that the team is trained and qualified in a manner that meets food safety and food quality requirements
- Champions the plant Quality Execution initiatives and operates as the local subject matter expert in applicable Quality Execution and Quality Assurance policies, programs, and systems, including hold and release functions. Leads, teaches, and inspires passion in all plant employees for product quality, food safety, and plant housekeeping.
- Educates plant personnel on, and assures plant compliance with, Quality Systems, including recordkeeping, laboratory execution and product grading, Quality Alert effectiveness, hold and release protocols and COA compliance.
- Drives and supports plant audit programs in ensuring that plant SOP’s are followed.
- Manages financial budgets for ownership areas for the department.
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry, Microbiology or other related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in progressive Quality/ Production/ Engineering roles in a manufacturing environment.
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide group of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com