Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking a Payroll Coordinator to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of innovation, and technological advancement. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
We Ask You to:
Stewardship & Process Excellence
- Coordinates with Plant personnel to ensure timecards are complete and signed off in order to run the interface from Kronos to SAP. Must resolve and clear any resulting errors within strict deadlines.
- Completes payroll entries such as tuition reimbursements, voluntary deductions, insurance refunds, referral bonuses, NY Paid Family Leave, etc. and reconciles to the pay results.
- Processes weekly payroll in SAP from time evaluation through the paycheck creation process with minimal support from other team members.
- Substantial knowledge of individual plant policies and their unique configuration in Kronos, as well as basic Union, State, and Federal regulations to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Manages garnishment process for hourly plant employees from interpretation of the garnishment to ensuring proper deductions on employee paychecks.
- Prepares off cycle checks for employee adjustments and in compliance with state termination requirements.
- Responds to inquiries from employees and management to resolve issues that may transpire.
- Enrolls and trains new Denver hourly employees on the timeclock.
- Investigates and resolves ACH returns or employee direct deposit inquiries.
Timely, Accurate & Insightful Reporting
- Maintains third party sick pay required for one of the Union plants. Manages the process from receipt of statements to input and balancing in SAP.
- Manages and reconciles the Union 401k contributions and loan payments, including the file transmissions to the vendor.
- Provides audit reports to management.
- Prepares required reports for various stakeholders including the Department of Labor, CCG (WOTC reporting), Legal, Audit, and Risk Management.
- Prepares Accounting journal entries, as well as month end payroll reporting and accruals.
- Cross trained to back up many of the Payroll Specialist job duties.
- Provides support and assistance to plant payroll personnel.
Strategy and Thought Leadership
- Reviews policy with the plants to help them succeed in paying employees correctly and on time.
- Assists with special project needs as directed by the Payroll Supervisor and Payroll Manager.
- Maintains Kronos system, including testing as needed, monitoring of licenses, holiday calendars, biometric monitoring as part of SOX Lite compliance, update and removal of jobs, etc.
- Manages all Cherwell help tickets that are assigned to the Payroll department. Works independently to determine the appropriate resolution and resolve in a timely manner.
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders!
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- High School diploma or GED
- 5+ years in a professional payroll related capacity or equivalent education/work experience.
- Prior SAP Payroll, and/or SAP Finance or in-house payroll processing experience
- Experience using Kronos timekeeping software, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel programs
We Hope You Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred but not required
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide group of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com.
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.