Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver corporate headquarters, we are seeking a Senior Supply Planner. The Senior Supply Planner is responsible for generating an efficient master production schedule for assigned manufacturing locations by review planning systems, managing finished goods planning parameters and distribution plan. Successfully support new product launches, maintain targeted inventory levels, minimizing out of stocks and obsolete inventories. Exceed company customer service goal of 99.0%, by coordinating sales order fulfillment, directly or through third party distribution network. Ensure maximum utilization of internal warehouse space, manufacturing capacity and inventory, by collaborating cross functionally with Demand Planning, Sales, Customer Service, Plant Materials Management, Transportation, Quality Assurance and Quality Execution.
We Ask You to:
Supply Planning and Scheduling Systems and Execution
- Generates efficient master production schedule and maintains highly accurate 12-week production forecast.
- Works with Plant Materials Management to prepare weekly production schedule, which meets customer demand, maximizes plant production efficiency, and minimizes freight costs.
- Using all Planning systems, managing finished goods planning parameters, review of forecasts, establish safety stock levels, determine optimal production run sizes and adhere to defined lead times for products supplied from responsible locations.
- Understands number of budgeted / actual operating days and the available supplies of milk, ensuring customer order can be fulfilled within defined service requirements and all milk in consumed into optimal finished goods materials, to minimize obsolescence or out of age inventory.
Inventory Disposition and Sales Forecast
- Reviews and analyzes customer orders and performs various customer service activities.
- Provides information and updates to other parts of the organization to enable good business decision making and ensure seamless execution to the customer.
- Reviews and measures daily and weekly production attainment and inventory availability while working with Plant Production, Plant QE and Corporate QA, to ensure timely review, release and / or disposition of production and inventory.
- Collaborates with Sales, Customer Service, and Demand Planning to analyze sales forecasts, resolve action items, and maintain new, aging and obsolete inventory items
Quality and Customer Service
- Supports the ongoing efforts to foster the principles of Leprino Quality by maintaining an exceptional commitment to the principles of customer service, product quality, business ethics, leadership, and employee involvement.
- Be a highly effective leader at LFC, including Division/Dept leadership, cross functional leadership, and initiative/project sponsorship.
- Actively leads the processes for performance management, developing employees and engagement
- Integrates Leprino core values into all aspects of Supply Chain Planning by demonstrating continuous improvement, teamwork, and distinguished customer service (internal and external).
- Displays functional leadership and problem identification and resolution.
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in sunny Denver, Colorado: 300 days of sunshine, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains and all its outdoor wonders!
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or related degree or experience
- 1-3 years of experience in supply chain, inventory management or food manufacturing discipline.
- Solid understanding of production planning principles.
- Strong MS Office (Excel) skills
- A strong work ethic, a high degree of creativity and resourcefulness, strong written and verbal communication skills, highly organized, and meticulous
- SAP experience preferred
- APICS CPIM certification preferred
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide group of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.