Within our Tracy, CA union manufacturing facility, we are seeking a highly qualified Materials Manager/Warehouse Manager (Internally: Manager I) on our warehouse team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of supply chain, food safety, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- Use your natural leadership ability daily to build, lead, mentor, develop, and grow highly functioning teams of warehousing and materials management supervisors.
- Direct the warehouse department in the coordination of production scheduling, purchasing, warehousing, recycling, vendor delivery and pick-ups, and distribution of product to ensure that products are produced and delivered to internal and external customers in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Conduct accurate physical inventory counts, reconcile daily usage reports, ensure accurate and timely loading/unloading of trailers, and review out-of-spec finished products with Quality Execution to meet our shipping needs.
- Establish and direct product logistic plans to assure minimal distribution costs while maintaining high customer service levels.
- Responsible for managing, monitoring, and coordinating ingredient and packaging materials as well as non-stock items to maintain production operations.
- Monitor daily inventory of milk and cream and develops and schedules shipments of both condensed whey and sweet cream.
- Handle finished product inventories, the upkeep of the storage freezer, and the coordination of product shipments.
- Ensure product and supply inventory levels are maintained within Corporate/Regional guidelines to ensure availability of product and adequate rotation of product quality purposes.
- Oversee development of weekly schedules for production and act as liaison between Corporate Product Management and plant departments to assure timely introduction of new products, systems, and changes.
- Support safety and quality programs to ensure a safe working environment and those corporate procedures are maintained.
- Accept a challenging environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical aptitude is the norm, not the exception. Take ownership of your career – it’s yours to grow if you’re willing to put the work in.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Product Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or similar subject areas.
- Eight (8) years in food manufacturing materials management.
- Three (3) years of progressive leadership experience in a Warehouse, Logistics, or Materials Management functional area as a senior supervisor, superintendent, or manager.
- Are humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
We hope you also have:
- Six (6) years of progressive leadership as a Materials Manager within the food/dairy manufacturing industry.
- Leadership experience over other people managers (supervisors, superintendents, etc.)
- APICS CPIM certification.
- Familiarity with SAP Warehouse Management
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering you in return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world’s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that bold vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.