Leprino Foods, the dairy industry’s best-kept secret has been a family-owned and Denver-based company since 1950. We hold a couple of titles including the nation’s largest cheese company and also the world’s largest producer of mozzarella; the most popular cheese used on pizzas throughout the United States. From three individuals in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 13 global locations earning more than $3 billion in annual revenue.
We are seeking a Warehouse Supervisor to help us continue our successful trend in the global cheese and nutrition markets through quality of product and food safety at our Tracy, California production facility.
We Ask of You:
- Report directly to the Materials Manager while supervising and holding accountable hourly warehouse associates.
- Monitor freezer/cooler temperature records, shift labor analysis reports, shipping reports, production schedules, and production management instructions.
- Maintain proper inventory levels, minimizing overtime and production planning in an environment that demands constant changes in shipping requirements.
- Tracking and controlling maintenance and repair expenditures for material handling equipment, interior/exterior of facility, freezer/cooler and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Assume the role of the Materials Manager during his or her absence.
- Communicate on a regular basis with all Department Managers, Department Supervisors, Accounting, Quality Control, Maintenance, Product Management, Transportation, and all outside vendors.
- Be measured on performance by the level of customer service issues, inventory accuracy, labor utilization, department attendance, associate turnover, associate training levels, and safety goals.
We Offer You in Return:
- Competitive salaries with equally competitive performance bonuses and relocation packages!
- 401(k) along with a lucrative annual Profit Sharing plan – we hire to retire!
- Tuition reimbursement, award recognitions, merit increases, and outstanding health/dental/vision benefits
- An opportunity to reside in Tracy, CA, with a population of 85,000, a short drive to both Stockton and Modesto, and just sixty miles east of San Francisco. Tracy is centrally located between all the National Parks to the east and the beautiful Bay area to the west.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Four years of warehouse/materials management experience, at least one of which is in a leadership role.
- Understanding of computerized inventory principles, production management, transportation, OSHA regulations, and customer service needs.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
We Hope You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, industrial distribution or related disciplines.
- Experience in a cheese and whey production environment.
- Six years of warehouse/materials management experience, three of which are in a progressive leadership role.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.