Team Member I Environmental Sanitation
Team Member I
This position performs a variety of duties. The Sanitation Team Member I will perform dry and wet cleaning tasks in all production work areas.
All other duties as assigned.
Job Duties (Accountability Categories and Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities): NOTE: The job may include other “non-essential” responsibilities and duties that are not listed on this form.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities
% of Time
· Responsible for the safe operation of the sanitation process and the quality of environmental cleanliness in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safe work practices. This position is also responsible for maintaining 5S standards and participating in and implementing continuous improvement. Monitor sanitation of some equipment, overhead piping, stairs, mezzanines, Red Line Room CIP Room, etc., and good housekeeping practices continually. This position will also be responsible for Zamboni Sanitation.
· Communicate effectively with co-workers, team leads, and supervisors.
· Complete paperwork accurately.
· Perform work in a safe manner by following safety procedures and policies, critical safety rules, and expected standard conduct.
· This position is responsible and accountable to ensure product meets food safety, regulatory, and quality requirements by following the Food Safety Plan, Quality Plan, and company policies.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
· Must be 18 years of age
· Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend basic English language
· Ability to evaluate and identify mechanical conditions and make adjustments or corrective action as necessary
· Ability to access elevated work areas such as climbing ladders/stairs
· Basic math skills to be able to perform mathematical functions
· Ability to understand and apply standard operating procedures
· Ability to maintain clean work area according to good manufacturing processes
Good communication skills to communicate with co-workers and oncoming/outgoing shifts
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
· Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities/Competencies:
· Problem solving
· Applied and continuous learning
· Work standards
· Initiating action
· Quality orientation
· Safety awareness
· Working effectively with others
· Professional presence
· The position reports to the Sanitation Supervisor. No employees report to the position.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
Work Environment Description:
· The Sanitation Team Member I must be able to lift moderate weights repeatedly throughout the shift. The position holder is also required to stand/walk throughout the shift and must have the ability to work in hot, humid, and cold areas. The Team Member I must be able to work overtime and holidays when required. The operator must be able to read/write and perform basic arithmetic in order to understand the S.O.P.’s, Good Manufacturing Practices, and safe work practices. The operator performs all the assigned housekeeping and inspection program duties assigned.
This position requires the incumbent to work on site at the facility to be able to perform the associated job responsibilities.