Within our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking a Process Engineer our Cheese Technical Services team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of innovation, technological advancement, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- Participate in and execute the Innovation strategic plan in alignment with the company’s strategy and goals, lead capital projects, develop and implement procedures and methodology to improve efficiencies and quality, and resolve all operational or quality problems.
- Provide troubleshooting and continuous improvement technical expertise in all matters regarding cheese production/processing operations while developing and implementing procedures and practices to improve efficiencies and quality.
- Stay abreast of key development efforts in academia, regulatory, and industry, focusing on innovative technology and issues that may impact production processes and product functionality.
- Provide support and expertise to many areas of the business to include production operations, engineering, and R&D by acting as a scientific authority for cheese production, processes, and system development.
- Develop the talent base for the organization through formal and informal coaching, instructing and mentoring to raise the competency and capability of the entire Research & Development organization.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Food or Dairy Science
- Previous experience as a food or beverage processing engineer/scientist.
- Experience with mass balance process flows and calculations, heat exchange (conceptual, theoretical, & applicable), and food or dairy packaging experience.
- Experience with piping layouts, tank/storage handling, and fluid diversion, mixing of fluid medias specific to cheese/dairy or CIP processes, as well as pumps, and valves.
- Proficiency in CAD based editing of detailed fabrication, layout, and/or P&ID drawings
- The ability to travel up to 70% nationwide to our 9 plants.
- Are humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
We hope you also have:
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Dairy Science, or Food Science/Technology.
- Pasta filata cheese making experience (This will send candidates to the top of the list!)
- Previous experience as a production supervisor (or above) in a cheese facility.
- Authority on the cheese-make process including proficiency on third party food manufacturing/processing equipment.
- Specialist on cheese processing equipment such as GEA, TetraPak, Alfa Laval, et al.
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering You In Return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
- At Leprino Foods, starting compensation for this role typically ranges between $81,000 and $98,000.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world’s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that bold vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?