Within our Tracy, CA union manufacturing facility, we are seeking a highly qualified Purchasing Agent on our plant Maintenance Management team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of continuous improvement, reliability, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- The Purchasing Agent, while reporting to the Plant Maintenance Manager, procures materials and supplies required to support the company’s manufacturing facility in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Items procured by this position include, but are not limited to, food ingredients, packaging, material handling, maintenance/services required throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Provide the guidance and direction to all plant personnel in the accurate and ethical purchasing practices that conform to Leprino policies and procedures.
- The position also acts as a representative and liaison between individuals in the company and supplier contacts.
- Select vendors for non-national maintenance parts, raw materials/supplies and non-stock items for formal competitive bidding.
- Provide timely issuance of Purchase Orders for all materials / supplies / services required by the plant (i.e., accurate item descriptions, purchase prices, freight codes and delivery dates).
- Order goods in quantities that reduce unit pricing.
- Handle selection of supply sources for non-national items or services that meet Leprino Foods service and product quality expectations.
- Maintain current Insurance Certificates, Safety Certificates, and Confidentiality Agreements on the JDE CIF system for all plant vendors.
- Collaborate with corporate personnel to create annual product and freight standards on all non-lot controlled and non-national items.
- Follow National Agreement buy brackets and minimize freight costs.
- Minimize inbound freight costs for the items purchased through the effective use of Corporate Traffic or vendors freight rates and the proper use of truckload and LTL order quantities.
- Obtain timely written confirmation of all purchase orders (especially food ingredients) with the applicable suppliers.
- Monitors all orders to make sure suppliers deliver products and services on a timely basis.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Supply Chain, or similar subject area.
- Proven experience in purchasing/inventory management.
- Are humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
We hope you also have:
- Five years of experience in general purchasing, inventory, and auditing in a manufacturing facility.
- Dairy manufacturing experience.
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering you in return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world’s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that bold vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?