Within our Tracy, CA union manufacturing facility, we are seeking a highly qualified QA Compliance Supervisor on our Plant Quality Execution team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of people development, food safety, and product quality. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- Champions the plant Quality Compliance initiatives and operates as the local subject matter expert in applicable food safety and quality policies, programs, and systems.
- Leads, teaches, and encourages passion in all plant employees for product quality, food safety, and plant housekeeping. The Compliance Supervisor also owns the day-to-day execution of plant compliance activities.
- Drives proactive and ongoing preparation for and follow-up on all regulatory (i.e., CDPHE, FDA, USDA, NCIMS, etc.), Kosher, Halal, customer, third party (i.e., SQF), and corporate compliance audits.
- Partners with plant Management and Corporate resources to ensure plant readiness for product recall, including the completion of periodic mock recall exercises.
- Assures robust and detailed document control procedures are established and executed including understanding and practicing of Good Documentation Practices by plant personnel.
- Ensures detailed, periodic, compliance reporting is shared and discussed with plant leadership to promote ongoing awareness of plant’s state of compliance and needed support to drive QA/Food Safety continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assure quality compliance by leading full-cycle audits and partnering with Department Managers and Supervisors on compliance opportunities.
- Champion plant Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) Program to ensure process improvements are documented to include root causes, corrective actions, preventive actions, and problem recurrence monitoring to know and be sure root causes were effectively addressed.
- Proactively seek out and demonstrate regulatory knowledge to promote accurate understanding and application of food safety and quality systems requirements, assuring plant’s compliance readiness for all internal and external audits.
- Facilitate cross-functional systematic problem-solving utilizing approaches appropriate to magnitude of opportunities (I.e. cause map, 5-Why’s, 8 Disciplines, Cause and Effect Diagram, PDCA, etc.) that results in the implementation of sustainable corrective and preventive actions that continuously improve compliance.
- Develop and implement QA compliance education (i.e. Food Safety New Hire Orientation, Food Safety Newsletters, Food Safety & Quality Systems Refresher Training, Food Safety Topics, HACCP, SPC, etc.) and maintain current requisite certifications (I.e. HACCP, PCQI, SQF Practitioner, Internal Auditing, etc.).
- Accept a challenging environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical capability is the norm, not the exception. Take ownership of your career – it’s yours to grow if you’re willing to put the work in.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Dairy Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related fields.
- Four (4) years of relevant QA and food safety experience.
- Knowledge of and passion for leading plant food safety programs and quality systems, including the FSMA concept for food safety, quality assurance standards, and statistical process control techniques.
- Are humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, innovative, results-oriented, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
We hope you also have:
- Two (2) years of progressive leadership experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in a QA/Food Safety position.
- QA audit experience with a food manufacturer.
Leprino Foods embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Offering you in return:
A chance to be part of a global team of individuals passionate about producing and delivering high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Leprino Foods could not be where it is today without our incredible employees. That is why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring great people who are in it for the long run is our goal. Through competitive salaries, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, dedicated sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit increases and bonuses, as well as our annual Profit-Sharing plan. Your impact will be noticed and rewarded, as you seek to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the world’s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that bold vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated team member who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?