Now that you've found the perfect career opportunity, it is up to YOU.
Please click on the job title for more information.
Click column header to sort
This position requires responsibility for monitoring all aspects of product quality from incoming raw materials to the finished product, and reports to appropriate management personnel.
The Quality Execution Lab Technician must be able to understand Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), follow safe handling of hazardous chemicals, and keep accurate records as required.
The Senior HR Administrator (Human Resources Clerk VII) provides complex administrative, project, and day-to-day functional support to the Human Resources Department at the plant. In addition to assisting with general administrative duties, the HR Clerk VII supports the following HR sub-functional areas: Human Resource Information System (HRIS), record-keeping and reporting, recruiting and staffing, benefit administration, and employee relations, with little oversight.
Are you a highly energized, enthusiastic, safety minded worker? Leprino Foods Company in Waverly, NY is looking for maintenance mechanics for our 2nd or 3rd shifts.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for installing, disassembling, repairing, and maintaining equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for the safe repair and troubleshooting of malfunctioning mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation systems, the calibration of instruments, and performing mechanical, preventive, and predictive maintenance. This position participates on the hazmat response team (which requires candidate to be clean-shaven for the respirator to fit properly).
The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for the safe operation of the associated equipment and/or processes, the quality of incoming raw materials, the quality of the outgoing products in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safe work practices. This position is also responsible for participating in and implementing continuous improvement.
The Senior Project Engineer leads and drives the conception and completion of assigned capital projects, including development, design, purchase, construction, and start-up as required to satisfy budgetary limits, production needs, and governmental requirements.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
The Operations Supervisor with coaching and guidance from plant leadership, the Operations Supervisor will gain in-depth knowledge of all production processes from start-up to shut-down, and is expected to be able to make solid decisions pertaining to product quality, safety, and efficiencies for their applicable department rotation. As part of their development process, Operations Supervisors are also responsible for monitoring aspects of team performance throughout their rotation, including product testing, equipment operations, product inventories, and employee scheduling to meet production needs. The Operations Supervisor will assist in building an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing hourly team members when applicable.
We Ask You to:
Technical Training & Onboarding
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of production processes which assures that production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Demonstrates developed people leadership skills in the production department rotation by supporting and implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Supervises daily shift operations to ensure production standards and quality parameters are met where needed.
- Achieves targeted production volumes for area of responsibility.
- Determines equipment repair needs and initiates maintenance work orders to minimize production downtime.
- Helps to monitor team operations and makes recommendations for labor and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and quality improvements.
- Executes to the department’s financial performance goals to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible cost.
- Helps to implement plant safety programs to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.
- Assists in leading and executing the department’s quality systems to achieve quality goals.
- Plans and schedules daily staffing needs to maximize labor efficiency and ensure production needs are met, with guidance.
- Leads and coaches team employees when applicable.
- Helps to build and foster strong working relationships, collaboration within the team and a positive work environment.
- Reinforces company and plant policies fairly and consistently.
- Ensures team employees have completed all required training.
- Responds to employee questions and concerns.
Offering You In Return:
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
You Have (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience leading, mentoring, and/or delegating work to others , with 5+ years of experience in food manufacturing environment and/or additional education substituting experience where applicable.
- Proficient computer knowledge, with familiarity or ability to learn SAP or other manufacturing computer systems
- College Degree in Food Science, Dairy Technology or related field
- Dairy/Cheese Manufacturing Experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
A career with Leprino Foods means you’ll be part of a worldwide group of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. Your contributions will be noticed and rewarded as you work to further our company, our customers, and one another.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com