Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve our daring vision, we’re looking for the secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Within our nine nationwide manufacturing facilities (in California, New Mexico, Colorado, Michigan, and New York), we have created a new development program seeking Operations Supervisors for our Cheese manufacturing teams to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
APPLICANTS TAKE NOTE: Dairy foods manufacturing can be a more complex operation than most other food manufacturing industries, and Leprino Foods is one of the world’s leading cheese manufacturers both in technology, food safety/quality, and processes. If you are an existing Production Supervisor that is looking to advance your career don’t hesitate to reach out.
We Ask of You To:
- With coaching and guidance from plant leadership, the Associate Supervisor will gain in-depth knowledge of all production processes from start-up to shut-down and is expected to be able to make solid decisions pertaining to product quality, safety, and efficiencies for their applicable department rotation.
- As part of your development process, Associate Supervisors are also responsible for monitoring aspects of team performance throughout their rotation, including product testing, equipment operations, product inventories, and employee scheduling to meet production needs.
- The Associate Supervisor will assist in building an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing hourly team members when applicable.
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of production processes which assures that production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Demonstrates developed people leadership skills in the production department rotation by supporting and implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Supervises daily shift operations to ensure production standards and quality parameters are met where needed.
- Achieves targeted production volumes for area of responsibility.
- Determines equipment repair needs and initiates maintenance work orders to minimize production downtime.
- Helps to monitor team operations and makes recommendations for labor and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and quality improvements.
- Executes to the department’s financial performance goals to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible cost.
- Helps to implement plant safety programs to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.
- Assists in leading and executing the department’s quality systems to achieve quality goals.
- Plans and schedules daily staffing needs to maximize labor efficiency and ensure production needs are met, with guidance.
- Helps to build and foster strong working relationships, collaboration within the team and a positive work environment.
- Turn your passion into impact? At Leprino we are dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish millions of families around the world. It's a big responsibility and we hope you're up for it.
- Accept a challenging environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical aptitude is the norm, not the exception. Take ownership of your career – it’s yours to grow if you’re willing to put the work in.
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, tenacious, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
Offering You In Return:
- Real career stability, leadership experience, and an ever-learning environment in our state-of-the-art operations. You will play a leading part with the most technologically advanced dairy foods company in the nation. Our proprietary processing technologies are almost a decade ahead of even our closest competitors.
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit-Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Food Science, Dairy Science, Chemical Engineering, or related industrial discipline.
- One (1) year of previous experience as a relatively new supervisor in a food, beverage, chemical, or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- The ability to perform shift work in a 24/7 operational plant. The milk never stops coming and neither do our operations
The Ideal Candidate Will Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Master’s in Food or Dairy Science, Food Technology, or Chemical Engineering.
- Previous completion of a Production Leadership Trainee program with a major food manufacturer (Nestle’s FMDP, etc.)
- Two (2) years of experience as a production supervisor in any food manufacturing environment.
“The culture of Leprino Foods is built by a family of passionate employees who believe in what they do, who understand the value of teamwork and understand that no one person is greater than the other.” – Steve F., Leprino Plant Manager