Click column header to sort
Technician is responsible for the parts room inventory in maintenance.
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Leprino Foods, the dairy industry’s best-kept secret has been a family-owned and Denver-based company since 1950. We hold a couple of titles including the nation’s largest cheese company and also the world’s largest producer of mozzarella; the most popular cheese used on pizzas throughout the globe. From three individuals in a small cheese shop in the early 1950s, we have grown to over 4,300 employees throughout our 13 global locations earning more than $3 billion in annual revenue.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve our daring vision, we’re looking for the secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Within our nine nationwide manufacturing facilities (in California, New Mexico, Colorado, Michigan, and New York), we have created a new development program seeking Operations Supervisors for our Cheese manufacturing teams to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, safety, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
APPLICANTS TAKE NOTE: Dairy foods manufacturing can be a more complex operation than most other food manufacturing industries, and Leprino Foods is one of the world’s leading cheese manufacturers both in technology, food safety/quality, and processes. If you are an existing Production Supervisor that is looking to advance your career don’t hesitate to reach out. We promise this won’t be a lower or lateral move!
We Ask of You To:
- With coaching and guidance from plant leadership, the Associate Supervisor will gain in-depth knowledge of all production processes from start-up to shut-down and is expected to be able to make solid decisions pertaining to product quality, safety, and efficiencies for their applicable department rotation.
- As part of your development process, Associate Supervisors are also responsible for monitoring aspects of team performance throughout their rotation, including product testing, equipment operations, product inventories, and employee scheduling to meet production needs.
- The Associate Supervisor will assist in building an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing hourly team members when applicable.
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of production processes which assures that production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Demonstrates developed people leadership skills in the production department rotation by supporting and implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Supervises daily shift operations to ensure production standards and quality parameters are met where needed.
- Achieves targeted production volumes for area of responsibility.
- Determines equipment repair needs and initiates maintenance work orders to minimize production downtime.
- Helps to monitor team operations and makes recommendations for labor and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and quality improvements.
- Executes to the department’s financial performance goals to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible cost.
- Helps to implement plant safety programs to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.
- Assists in leading and executing the department’s quality systems to achieve quality goals.
- Plans and schedules daily staffing needs to maximize labor efficiency and ensure production needs are met, with guidance.
- Helps to build and foster strong working relationships, collaboration within the team and a positive work environment.
- Turn your passion into impact? At Leprino we are dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish millions of families around the world. It's a big responsibility and we hope you're up for it.
- Accept a challenging environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical aptitude is the norm, not the exception. Take ownership of your career – it’s yours to grow if you’re willing to put the work in.
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, tenacious, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
Offering You In Return:
- Real career stability, leadership experience, and an ever-learning environment in our state-of-the-art operations. You will play a leading part with the most technologically advanced dairy foods company in the nation. Our proprietary processing technologies are almost a decade ahead of even our closest competitors.
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, paid parental leave (outside of CA and NY), healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit-Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Food Science, Dairy Science, Chemical Engineering, or related industrial discipline.
- One (1) year of previous experience as a relatively new supervisor in a food, beverage, chemical, or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- The ability to perform shift work in a 24/7 operational plant. The milk never stops coming and neither do our operations
The Ideal Candidate Will Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Master’s in Food or Dairy Science, Food Technology, or Chemical Engineering.
- Previous completion of a Production Leadership Trainee program with a major food manufacturer (Nestle’s FMDP, etc.)
- Two (2) years of experience as a production supervisor in any food manufacturing environment.
“The culture of Leprino Foods is built by a family of passionate employees who believe in what they do, who understand the value of teamwork and understand that no one person is greater than the other.” – Steve F., Leprino Plant Manager
Waste Water Technician Is responsible for performing trouble shooting, repair, planned maintenance and preventive maintenance. Perform lab duties and operate all Waste Water machinery as needed. Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules.
Manages the Nutrition or Cheese Production Department to ensure the successful conversion of raw materials into finished products that meet quality and customer specifications in a safe and efficient manner. Provides leadership to department supervisors and employees to develop a highly skilled and engaged workgroup. Responsible for the people safety, food safety, product quality, and financials of the department.
Leprino Foods Company, a global leader in the dairy food and ingredient industry, is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team located in Lemoore, CA at our West facility. Leprino Foods is the world’s largest supplier of mozzarella cheese and one of the largest suppliers of premium dairy nutrition ingredients. Our customers and business partners span the globe and include many of the world’s largest food companies, restaurant chains and distributors.
As the Maintenance Supervisor you will report directly to the Central Services Sr. Supervisor. You will be responsible for ensuring proper training of maintenance personnel. You will establish critical system priority lists, ensure all materials used for work orders are tracked, and handle multiple jobs simultaneously to completion. The overall role of this position is to provide leadership and direction to the Maintenance Technicians as they service the needs of the plant through equipment maintenance and supporting the production teams to eliminate downtime.
If you have experience in a supervisory role within a maintenance organization, preferably in a food manufacturing environment, this may be the opportunity you have been seeking.
We offer a comprehensive total compensation package which includes; salary, benefits, bonus program, and profit sharing.
The HR Administrator is the first point of contact within the company for many HR related inquiries; Supports the human resource team by providing comprehensive service to HR Generalist, employees and staff. They will be responsible for performing administrative, analytical and clerical support for all aspects of human resources from hire to retire; including but not limited to benefits, compensation, HRIS, compliance, recruitment, employee relations, workers’ compensation, safety, training and development, leave of absence, and shared services. Deliver HR service that meet PPBTH principles.
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve that daring vision, we’re looking for our secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
For our Denver, CO corporate headquarters we are seeking an Project Engineer II, Utilities to help us achieve the growth needed to continue moving our organization to even larger levels!
Technician is responsible for performing trouble shooting, repair, planned maintenance and preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Responsible for fabrication or modification of equipment to Leprino specs and standards.
- Responsible for the installation of new or used equipment.
- Responsible for repairs of building and all plant equipment.
- Responsible for plant preventative maintenance.
- Responsible to promptly respond to any equipment break downs or downtime when applicable.
- Responsible to assist in shift coverage when applicable.
- Responsible for welding repairs to plant equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment.
- Responsible to fulfill MEP requirements.
- Perform any other duties as required by Maintenance Manager, Supervisor or Group Leader.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of previous maintenance experience.
- Welding skills including: arc, tig, mig, and sanitary welding.
- Ability to design, layout and fabricate.
- Ability to read blue prints and P&ID drawing.
- Ability to work well with outside contractors.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Knowledge and ability to perform work in a safe and organized manner.
- Knowledge of proper safe use of hand tools.
- Must have the ability to complete all assigned paperwork, per assignment.
- Must have electrical experience in an industrial environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of GMPs.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions of the position.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise judgment and make decisions.
- Computer literacy.
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com